Terms & Conditions
Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd. (“Samsung”) is organizing a Contest named “Samsung E.D.G.E.” (“Contest”) for the Premier B School institutes and Engineering institutes as detailed in Annexure A. The duration of the Contest shall be from September 2018 to December 2018.Contest Details & Eligibility Criteria:
- The Contest is open to individual students (“Participants”) who are currently officially enrolled in the Indian premier B-School institutes, Engineering institutes & institutes as per Annexure A and who have agreed and accepted these Terms & Conditions.
- Eligible Participants are required to form teams consisting three (03) members only (“Participating Teams”). All members of a team should have necessarily registered themselves under this Contest.
- Participating Teams can comprise Participants from any year or a mix of different years irrespective of their departments/specialization but necessarily from the same campus only.
- One Participant can be part of one Participating Team only. There is no restriction on the number of teams from an institute.
- This Contest involves a case study wherein each of the Participating Teams will be required to share a solution in the desired form as informed by Samsung from time to time. The Contest comprises three (03) different rounds (as detailed in the microsite www.samsung.com/in/microsite/edge-program). The teams giving the best solution in the final round will be awarded with prize money as detailed below.
- There shall be 3 winning teams who shall be selected by Samsung panel. No claims shall be entertained with respect to the selection of winners.
- The details of the prizes are as under. The payment of prize money shall be subject to deduction of applicable taxes –
- First prize shall be – INR 400,000 along with Samsung Goodies and
a. 2nd Year students (MBA): Job opportunity with Samsung
For ISB Campus entailing a 1 year PGP regular program, job opportunity only applicable as per Samsung’s internal program definition for Management Trainees.
- Second prize shall be – INR 200,000;
a. 2nd Year students (MBA): Pre-placement interview offer for job opportunity at Samsung
For ISB Campus entailing a 1 year PGP regular program, job opportunity only applicable as per Samsung’s internal program definition for Management Trainees
- Third prize shall be – INR 100,000
- First prize shall be – INR 400,000 along with Samsung Goodies and
- It is deemed that a Participant as an individual and as a Participating Team has agreed to the other necessary Terms & Conditions of this Contest stated as under -
Other Terms & Conditions:
The participants are required to go through the following Terms & Conditions before registering for the event. Any reference hereinunder as “You” or “Your” shall be referred to Participant or the Participating Team collectively:
- You are fully aware that Your participation in this Contest is voluntary and that there is no falsity in the details submitted by You with respect to Your candidature or the ownership and rights therein or Your eligibility status. If there is a change in Your eligibility status during the Contest, You must notify Samsung immediately. Any failure to notify any change in eligibility status will provoke the disqualification of the participant from the Contest. Such disqualification shall not be open for any challenge of any kind whatsoever.
- All decisions in matters of eligibility, authenticity and final judgments will be with Samsung.
- Samsung is the owner of copyright in the entire content on this website. No material from this site may be copied, modified, reproduced, republished, uploaded, transmitted, posted and distributed in any form without prior written permission from Samsung. Any use of the content of this website for a purpose, which is not consistent with fair use provisions of copyright law, is prohibited and may amount to infringement of copyright.
- Samsung reserves the rights to, in its sole and entire discretion, disqualify any participant that it believes:
(a) Do not comply with the Rules;
(b) infringes or allegedly infringes the proprietary rights of third parties;
(c) and/or violates any applicable laws, regulations, court orders, ordinances and/or rulings. If You in any manner affect the integrity or the legitimate operation of the Contest by whatsoever means, including cheating or committing fraud, Samsung reserves the right to seek to recover from You any damages suffered by it to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The format, structure and timelines of the Contest are subject to change before the actual beginning of the event.
- Samsung further reserves its right to add, change, modify or remove any of these Rules or the Terms & Conditions of the Contest, including the prizes, terms of prizes, Your participation or any submissions made by You at its sole discretion. You shall be informed of the same from time to time.
- If a Participating Team fails to submit an entry before the timeline, Samsung holds the right to disqualify the team from this Contest.
- Personal attacks on others, posting personal information about others, profanity or other inappropriate language or behavior in the Contest are unacceptable. In addition, You must not cause or refrain from taking participation in any matter or discussion that is provocative or indecent.
- You shall not distribute or transmit any material that is inappropriate, illegal, indecent, profane, offensive or vulgar. Copying directly or indirectly the other people’s ideas, reports or any material without the permission from the original writer is not permitted. Samsung may not consider such entries for the purposes of this event that it considers to be in violation of any Conditions or for any other reason deemed inappropriate.
- Samsung reserves its right to review the submissions or the entries; however, Samsung has no obligation to use or consider any such entries, ideas or submissions.
- By submitting an entry to the Contest, You agree and accept to grant to Samsung, and to their respective shareholders, licensees, parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, a worldwide, fully paid-up, royalty free, non-exclusive, perpetual and irrevocable license to copy, reproduce, publish, distribute, make, sell, modify, adapt, incorporate into collective works, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, technologically manipulate, disseminate, broadcast, create derivative works and generally use, in any manner now known or hereafter to become known, all or any portion, alteration or derivation of the ideas, disclosures, proposals, solutions, submissions, concepts, materials, documentation, and entries made by You in the Contest (collectively, the “Entry” or “Entries”).
- You agree to grant Samsung, and their respective shareholders, licensees, parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, the right to use any idea submitted by You for any purpose without any payment or other obligation by Samsung, and their respective shareholders, licensees, parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, to You whatsoever.
- You agree that in case Your Entry is selected for the grant of any prize under this Contest, the said Entry shall be the exclusive, absolute and confidential property of Samsung and You shall have no claim of whatsoever nature therein nor shall You raise any claim in future in this regards. You shall not share, divulge or disclose any information relating to the Entry to any third party and shall keep Samsung indemnified for any loss that it may suffer due to breach of the foregoing.
- You hereby warrant and represent that You have or will have full and sufficient rights and authorization to grant the indemnities, consents, authorizations, licenses, releases and waivers contemplated herein or under the intellectual property policy; that You have made no agreements, grants, assignments, or commitments which will conflict with or impair the complete enjoyment of the rights and privileges granted to Samsung; that any or all works, are or will be wholly original, and they do not and shall not infringe upon or violate any copyright, or any other right, and that there is no claim or action pending, outstanding or threatened, which might in any way prejudice the rights granted or to be granted to Samsung.
- By submitting an Entry to the Contest, You expressly release Samsung, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind (directly or indirectly) arising out of or in connection with the contest or acceptance, possession, or use of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses, and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, warranty, tort (including negligence, whether active, passive, or imputed), strict liability, product liability, contribution, or any other theory, for expenditures, investments or other obligations or commitments incurred or made by You in connection with the Contest, or on account of any other thing or cause whatsoever.
- By submitting an Entry to the Contest, You agree and accept that Samsung will not be requested or obligated to treat Your Entries as secret or confidential, and that the disclosures by You do not establish confidential relationship, obligation of confidence or other obligation of any kind between You and Samsung. This provision applies also to all additional Entries made incidental or in supplement to the original.
- By submitting an Entry to the Contest, You represent and warrant that:
(a) You have made no agreements, grants, assignments, or commitments, which will conflict with or impair the complete enjoyment of the rights and privileges granted to Samsung and to their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, licensees, parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates;
(b) Your Entry is or will be original and that You are the sole and exclusive owner and holder of the rights of the submitted Entry;
(c) the Entry does not infringe any third party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or confidentiality obligations;
(d) the Entry does not infringe or violate any applicable laws or regulations; that there is no claim or action pending, outstanding or threatened, which might in any way prejudice the rights granted or to be granted to Samsung and to their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, licensees, parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates; and
(e) You own and possess all necessary rights to submit the Entry in the Contest and grant all representations and warranties, indemnities, consents, authorizations, licenses, releases and waivers required or established under the Rules.
- You are hereby advised to examine and review the applicable intellectual and industrial property policies of Your academic institutions in order to assure compliance with any applicable requirements. Samsung is not responsible for verifying compliance with the regulations of Your academic institution and You expressly understand and agree that Samsung, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns shall not be liable to You for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if the presenters have been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from any infringement or violation of such regulations. If, pursuant to said intellectual and industrial property policies, the academic institution in which You are currently enrolled retains or is entitled to any rights over the Entry, You shall be solely responsible to obtain prior written consent whereby the said entity accepts and agrees to be bound by the Rules, and to grant to Samsung and to their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, licensees, parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates any and all licenses, indemnities, warranties and any other covenant required therein.
- You agree to indemnify and hold Samsung harmless for and against any damage, civil or criminal liability, fine, charge, expense or loss imposed on Samsung as a result of: (a) any breach of the Rules directly or indirectly attributable to You; (b) negligent or intentional acts or omissions by You; (c) the infringement of any patents, copyrights, trademark, trade name or other intellectual property rights (including trade secrets), privacy rights, right of publicity or similar rights of any person or entity; (d) any misrepresentation made by You in connection with the Contest (including, but not limited, to misrepresentations regarding Your compliance with the eligibility requirements); and/or (e) for failure to comply with any law, rule or regulation applicable to, or that has to be complied with by You.
- Except for the Prizes described herein, Samsung shall not be obligated to provide compensation for any claims of whatsoever nature including with respect to the Entries.
- The prizes to be awarded to the winner(s) of the Contest are non-transferable and non-assignable. In case You are unable or unwilling to accept Your prize, Samsung expressly reserve the right to select a new winner from the other participants. No subsequent claims shall be entertained in this regard.
- You are not entitled to raise any objection or claim with respect to the selection process of the winner or the reward so awarded.
- If You are selected as a winner, as a condition to receive the Prize, You will be required to sign such documents as Samsung may notify.
- Nothing in these Rules/Terms & Conditions (including, but not limited to, the submission of an Entry into the Contest) will be interpreted as the creation of an employer/employee, joint venture or principal/agent relationship between Samsung and the Participants of this Contest.
- The Contests, as well as the Terms & Conditions/Rules, will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India and the courts of New Delhi only shall have exclusive jurisdiction over the matters arising out of the Contest or the Rules.
- Any provision of the Contests and the Rules/Terms & Conditions that is declared invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction shall be ineffective to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability without invalidating or rendering unenforceable the remaining provisions hereof.
- Holding of the Competition is subject to normal force majeure conditions.
The website & the cases contain certain statements concerning future business prospects and profitability of Samsung, which are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties and the actual results could materially differ from those in such statements. Samsung does not undertake to make any announcement in case any of these forward-looking statements become materially incorrect in future or update any statements made from time to time by or on behalf of Samsung.
|1.||Indian Institute of Management Kolkata||2-year regular PGP/MBA|
|2.||XLRI, Jamshedpur||2-year regular PGP/MBA|
|3.||Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad||2-year regular PGP/MBA|
|4.||S.P. Jain, Mumbai||2-year regular PGP/MBA|
|5.||Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad||2-year regular PGP/MBA|
|6.||National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai||2-year regular PGP/MBA|
|7.||Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi||2-year regular PGP/MBA|
|8.||Indian Institute of Management Lucknow||2-year regular PGP/MBA|
|9.||Management Development Institute, Gurgaon||2-year regular PGP/MBA|
|10.||Indian Institute of Management Bangalore||2-year regular PGP/MBA|
|11.||Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode||2-year regular PGP/MBA|
|12.||Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai||2-year regular PGP/MBA|
|13.||Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune||2-year regular PGP/MBA|
|14.||Indian Institute of Technology Delhi||4-Year B.Tech & Master of Design (M.Des)|
|15.||Indian Institute of Technology Bombay||4-Year B.Tech & Master of Design (M.Des)|
|16.||Indian School of Business, Hyderabad & Mohali||1 year regular PGP/MBA|
|17.||Indian Institute of Technology, Madras||4-Year B.Tech|
|18.||National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar & Bangalore||B.Des/ M.Des|
Disclaimer: All rights in the Trademarks and Logos of various institutes as displayed herein belong to their respective owners and Samsung does not claim any rights in the same.