Advantages of regular air-conditioner service
Air-conditioner servicing :
● Many people do wait until their air conditioner is making a strange noise or isn’t running properly before they call for service. But did you know that even if your air conditioner seems to be running smoothly, it can lose about 5% of its operational efficiency every year?
● With regular servicing a unit will maintain up to 95% of its original efficiency. This means that the cost of a regular service is quickly recovered in savings on your monthly electricity bill and in reduced repair costs. A properly serviced air conditioner will also do a better job of dehumidifying your home.
When should you have your annual “tune-up”?
The answer, generally, is in the spring. There are 2 main reasons why :
● You want to make sure your system is running smoothly, at its maximum capacity and its minimum energy consumption, BEFORE you really need to use it.
● You are likely to get a more timely service if you arrange it for before service technicians get busy in heavy air conditioning season.
● There is an exception, though: If your system is making strange noises or doesn’t seem to be working properly you should have it looked right away.
What are the benefits of regular service?
All major equipment needs routine maintenance to keep it running reliably. Regular servicing of your air conditioner will provide you with a number of benefits, such as:
● Lost efficiency will be recovered.
● Chances of a costly, major breakdown at the worse time will be reduced.
● Lifespan of the unit will be prolonged.
● Your comfort will be increased.
● Your unit will cost less to operate.
What does a regular service entail?
An air conditioning service technician will look at and listen to your air conditioner closely. At minimum, the things he will do will include:
● Clean the condensing unit coils
● Clean the evaporator coils
● Check the amp draw of the compressor and all components
● Oil the fan motors (if required)
● Check the belts are all tight and well adjusted
● Check the system operating pressures against the manufacturer’s specifications
● Check the system operating temperatures against the manufacturer’s specifications
● Check the refrigerant level
● Check the thermostats and sensors
● Tighten all electrical terminals
● Check all ductwork for air leaks and damage
● Check operation of all zone motors
● Check and test condensate tray, drains and P trap
● Check all safety devices
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Check the progress of your repair
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
All Days 9am to 9pm
We'll respond within 24 hours of your request.
Log in with your Samsung Account and join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In India
24 Hours a day / 7 Days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Bangladesh
8AM - 10PM / 7 days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Sri Lanka
8AM - 6.30PM / Mon ~ Sat
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Nepal
8AM - 8PM / 7 Days a week
Dial as per your country
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit the HP website .
Find out more about how you can get face-to-face help.