What to do when the control panel does not work properly?
No display is shown in Control Panel.
If buttons don’t work as intended, cooling problem might happen.
● In case of buttons malfunction, Power panel (PCB) might be rusty due to moisture.
● In case of no display after installation, possibly Internal Circuit (PBA panel) is not well connected or damaged.
● In case of wrong temperature display, possibly door opens too frequently, so the inside temperature goes above set temperature.
If the control panel is not illuminated, unplug the refrigerator for 30 seconds to reset it. If the control panel is still not lit up after you plug the refrigerator back in, it may have a connection problem. (In this case, you need to contact Samsung Customer Care for Service.)
If the buttons on the control panel are not working, the panel is most likely in Child Lock mode. To unlock the panel buttons, press and hold the Child Lock button for 3 seconds until you hear a chime. (If your model doesn't have a child Lock button, Press fridge temperature key and Power Fridge Key or Vacation Key simultaneously for 3 sec, it will be turned on. To cancel it, repeat the same process again.) If releasing the child lock does not correct the problem, you need to get a service.
After initial installation, display will show current temperature for a while because of the thermometer located inside. The temperature will slowly fall by 1 °C every 2 minutes.
● A blinking temperature display may be due to two reasons:
1) The digital display will blink when the temperature rises (For example, if the doors are frequently opened). When the refrigerator/ freezer reaches the set temperature, the blinking will stop.
2) The temperature display also blinks when the refrigerator is reset.
When the refrigerator/ freezer reaches the set temperature, the blinking will stop. If the blinking does not stop, unplug the refrigerator for about 30 seconds to reset the PCB.
● If the display is still blinking, it may indicate a problem with the freezer. The most common causes are either a failure of the cooling system or a failure in the defrost circuitry. In either event, the refrigerator needs service.
Note: Please clean the display with cotton cloth due to moisture on display sometime letter gets faded.
● Unplug the refrigerator and leave it for 30 minutes.
● Replay and check the display. (It must show set temperature.)
● Check if it is on child lock mode. (Buttons will not operate in Child Lock Mode)
● Push each button and check if they are all well working.
● Make sure the door is well closed.
Check whether the internal shelf of the freezer or refrigerator has shifted preventing the door from closing properly.
Check whether the contents on the internal shelf of the freezer or refrigerator are preventing the door from closing.
Check whether the stored contents of the freezer or fridge door guard are overhanging in front of the guard.
● Do not spill any liquid on display.
● Do not give strong impact on display and buttons.
● Do not put too much food around door, it may block door from closing.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Check the progress of your repair
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
All Days 9AM to 9PM
We'll respond within 24 hours of your request.
Log in with your Samsung Account and join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In India
24 Hours a day / 7 Days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Bangladesh
8AM - 10PM / 7 days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Sri Lanka
8AM - 6.30PM / Mon ~ Sat
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Nepal
8AM - 8PM / 7 Days a week
Dial as per your country
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit the HP website .