What is Smart rotation in Samsung Galaxy S4(GT-I9500)?
The Smart rotation feature in Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500) uses the front camera to sense when you are looking at your device and keeps your screen from rotating based on your face's orientation. If you are viewing your device in portrait mode and happen to lie back on your couch, the screen remains in portrait mode.
( Portrait Mode ) ( Landscape Mode )
( Image showing Smart rotation feature )
Smart rotation works best under following conditions :
● The device is held steady and upright.
● The device is in well lit conditions but the screen is not in direct light.
● The front camera is not being used by another application.
Smart rotation may not work in the following situations :
● When the front camera fails to detect face and eyes.
● When the source of the light is behind you or when using the device in the dark.
● When you are currently using other gestures, such as Air View.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Check the progress of your repair
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
All Days 9am to 9pm
We'll respond within 24 hours of your request.
Log in with your Samsung Account and join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In India
24 Hours a day / 7 Days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Bangladesh
8am - 10 pm / 7 days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Sri Lanka
8am - 6.30 pm / Mon ~ Sat
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Nepal
8am - 8pm / 7 Days a week
Dial as per your country
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit the HP website .