How to clean your Gear IconX 2018
You probably need to check a few things when you feel the audio quality of your Samsung Gear IconX is lacking, this help content will guide
you step by step to bring the experience back.
Here are some basics to review first:
The network condition: Ensure you have a stable network connection as this can drop in and out from time to time, if you are experiencing network issues please check with your local network provider.
- Now, ensure the earbuds are paired with the device and keep the distance between both devices at less then 5 metres apart; also keep it away from the electromagnetic waves to avoid interference.
- Adjust the volume through the phone or other controller, which is connected to the IconX.
If you are still experiencing issues please read on for additional advice and tips.
- Please wear or use the IconX under dry conditions.
- Before wearing, please make sure to clean inside your ear.
- After use, please wipe the dust, earwax or skin oil with a soft and dry towel or tissue.
The answer will be "Yes" if the mesh of your IconX looks like any of the conditions below:
Step 1: Remove the earbud tip from the main body slowly. DO NOT detach it excessively or the main body of IconX could be damaged.
Step 2: Use a cotton swab or a dried brush to remove any of debris and foreign materials. DO NOT use liquid, such as alcohol or soapy
water because the Gear IconX is not water resistant.
Step 3: Once done, recheck the mesh, brushing it again if any remains.
Step 4: Now reassemble the tip back to main body, the tip should cover the latch at the bottom of the earbud as below:
The sound quailty of your Gear IconX should be back to normal after cleaning, however if not, please contact a Samsung Authorized Repair Centre for further inspection.
For more information about Galaxy Buds see below FAQ's
You can download the user manual from our Manuals & Downloads page. For all other queries or further technical assistance, please call Samsung Customer Care on 0800 726 786 or Live Chat with our Technical Team online, services are open 24 hours, 7 days.
Thank you for your feedback!