Is Samsung Galaxy Note9 waterproof?
The Galaxy Note9 is an IP68 Rated device. IP68 rating means complete protection from dust ingress, and temporary immersion in up to 1.5m of freshwater for up to 30 minutes.
Please use caution not to immerse the device in water deeper than 1.5m or keep it submerged for more than 30 minutes.
Samsung guarantee simple life water-resistance when the SIM Tray is attached tightly but does not guarantee that the device will operate normally if it is used in water or other liquids.
Follow these tips carefully to maintain the water and dust resistance of your device. Failure to do so may result in damage to your device.
- Do not immerse the device in fresh water deeper than 1.5m or keep it submerged for more than 30 minutes. If you immerse the device in any liquid other than fresh water, such as salt water, ionized water, or alcoholic beverage, liquid will enter the device faster.
- Do not expose the device to water moving with force.
- If the device is exposed to fresh water, dry it thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth. If the device is exposed to other liquids, such as salt water, ionized water, or alcoholic beverage, rinse it with fresh water and dry it thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth. If you do not follow these instructions, the device’s performance and appearance may be affected.
- If the device has been immersed in water or the microphone or speaker is wet, sound may not be heard clearly during a call. After wiping the device with a dry cloth, dry it thoroughly before using it.
- The touchscreen and other features may not work properly if the device is used in water.
- If the device is dropped or receives an impact, the water and dust resistant features of the device may be damaged.
- If water enters the S Pen slot, gently shake the device to remove the water from the slot before using it.
Charging the device while wet after USB port is exposed by watercan cause short circuits and device may be damaged. To prevent this, Galaxy Note9 limits to charge properly when USB port is wet by humidity, moisture or water and displays the caution notification text with water recognition icon on both notification panel and AOD screen.
Please dry the device thoroughly before use and keep it at a well-ventilated place. Additionally for faster drying, it will help that you hold the Galaxy Note9 upright with the speaker of device facing down and shake device smoothly a few times. Or, dry device thoroughly using cool wind.
If you are still having trouble after trying these tips, please contact a Samsung Service Centre.
There may be some moisture remainging that is not visible. Therefore, further drying may be required.
For faster drying, try using cool wind and/or shake the device smoothly a few times whilst holding the device upright and the speaker face down.
If you are still having trouble, please contact Samsung on 0800 SAMSUNG (726 786).
- Use only Samsung-approved chargers, batteries, and cables. Unapproved chargers or cables can cause damage to the device.
- Connecting the charger improperly may cause serious damage to the device. Any damage caused by misuse is not covered by warranty.
- Use only USB Type-C cable supplied with the device. The device may be damaged if you use Micro USB cable.
Thank you for your feedback!