What is Blue light filter and how to set it on Samsung Galaxy J Series Devices?
What is Blue light filter?
The blue light filter will decrease the amount of blue light displayed by the device’s screen.
Reduction of blue light will prevent suppression of melatonin production (sleep-inducing hormone), which in term help users sleep better.
• Blue light has a wavelength of between 380nm and 495nm. With the short wavelength, it produces a higher amount of energy
• Studies suggest that over exposure to blue light spectrum could cause serious long-term damage to your eyes
• Exposure to blue light suppress the production of sleep hormone, melatonin, and can cause sleep disorders
• While you are watching HDR videos from HDR-exclusive video services, such as Amazon video, the blue light filter will not be applied
Blue light filter can be applied manually or automatically
• Manually : Setting > Display > Blue light filter > Adjust Opacity or Adjust Opacity in Notification panel
• Automatically : User schedule or automatic schedule (sunrise and sunset time of the location)
How to set Blue light filter?
You can set the schedule to apply the blue light filter to the screen
• Sunset to sunrise : Set the device to apply the blue light filter at night and turn it off in the morning, based on your location
• Custom schedule: Set a specific time to apply the blue light filter
Thank you for your feedback!