If your washer's water is cold when it's supposed to be warm, or vice versa, check the following:
• Make sure both faucets from the home's water source are turned on fully.
• Make sure the temperature selection is correct.
• Make sure the hoses are connected to the correct faucets.
• Check their water heater. It should be set to deliver a minimum 120° F (49° C) hot water at the tap.
• Also, check the water heater capacity and recovery rate. If you have a small water heater and are using a lot of hot water (e.g., maybe someone's taking a long, hot shower), the supply of hot water may be depleted and need time to reheat.
• Disconnect the water hoses and clean the inlet filter screens. The hose filter screens may be plugged (see images below).