How do I wear the Galaxy Watch Active correctly?
• To measure your heart rate more accurately with the Galaxy Watch Active, wear it firmly around your lower arm just above the wrist.
Wearing the Galaxy Watch Active correctly
• When you activate the auto heart rate tracking feature, or when the Galaxy Watch Active recognises your exercise, the Galaxy Watch Active will automatically track your heart rate. When measuring your heart rate, wear the Galaxy Watch Active snugly on your arm above your wrist as shown in the figure below.
• If you fasten the Galaxy Watch Active too tightly, skin irritation may occur and if you fasten it too loosely, friction may occur.
• The accuracy of the heart rate sensor may be diminished depending on measurement conditions and surroundings.
• Use the HR feature only for measuring your heart rate.
• Do not look directly at the heart rate sensor’s lights. Doing so may impair your vision. Make sure children do not look directly at the lights.
• Take heart rate measurements when you are seated and relaxed. Do not move your body while taking heart rate measurements. Doing so may cause your heart rate to be recorded inaccurately..
• If you receive a reading that is very different from your expected heart rate, rest for 30 minutes and then measure again..
• Smoking or consuming alcohol before taking measurements may cause your heart rate to be different from your normal heart rate..
• Do not talk, yawn, or breathe deeply while taking heart rate measurements. Doing so may cause your heart rate to be recorded inaccurately..
• Because the heart rate sensor uses light to approximate heart rate, its accuracy may vary due to physical factors that affect light absorption and reflection, such as blood circulation/blood pressure, skin condition and location and concentration of blood vessels. In addition, if your heart rate is extremely high or low, measurements may be inaccurate..
• Users with thin wrists may receive inaccurate heart rate measurements when the device is loose, causing the light to be reflected unevenly. If heart rate measurement is not working properly, adjust the position of the device’s heart rate sensor to the right, left, up, or down on your wrist, or turn the device so the heart rate sensor sits firmly against the inside of your wrist..
• If the heart rate sensor is dirty, wipe the sensor and try again. Obstructions between the device’s band and your wrist, such as body hair, dirt, or other objects may prevent the light from reflecting evenly. Please make sure you remove such obstructions before use..
• If your device becomes hot to the touch, please remove it until it cools. Exposing skin to a hot surface of the device for a long time may cause skin burn.
• When certain materials come into contact with the back of the Galaxy Watch Active, your Galaxy Watch Active may recognise that you are wearing it on your wrist.
• If your Galaxy Watch Active does not register that a motion has occurred for more than 10 minutes, your Galaxy Watch Active may recognise that you are not wearing it on your wrist.
• When you wear the Galaxy Watch Active for a long time or do a high-intensity exercise while wearing it, skin irritation may occur due to friction and pressure. If you’re wearing your Galaxy Watch Active for a long time, remove the Galaxy Watch Active from your wrist and do not wear your Galaxy Watch Active for several hours.
• Skin irritation may occur due to an allergy, environmental factors, other factors, or when your skin is exposed to soap or sweat for long periods. In this case, stop using your Galaxy Watch Active and wait 2 or 3 days for the symptoms to ease. If the symptoms persist or worsen, call your doctor immediately.
• Make sure your skin is dry before wearing your Galaxy Watch Active. If you wear a wet Galaxy Watch Active for a long time, your skin may be affected.
• If you use your Galaxy Watch Active in the water, remove foreign materials from your skin and Galaxy Watch and dry them thoroughly to prevent skin irritation.
• Do not use any accessories except the Galaxy Watch Active in the water.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Tweet us, 8am-5pm, 7 days a week.
Comment on our page between, 8am-5pm,
7 days a week.
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert
We will aim to respond within 24 hours for general inquiry or technical support
Check the status of your repair with Samsung
A new way to get the answers you want.
Incredible technology with even more amazing support.
The Samsung Interactive guide is the latest and greatest way to get the support you need, when you want.
Contact the dedicated CEO's Office for any suggestions on how Samsung can assist you better
Welcome to Cyber Service
24 hours a day / 7 days a week
0860 726 7864
24 hours a day / 7 days a week
0860 726 623
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .