Galaxy Gear™ is currently compatible with devices running 4.3 or higher. Below is a list of devices by carrier:
- Samsung Galaxy Note® 3, SM-N900A
- Samsung Galaxy S® 4, SGH-i337
- Samsung Galaxy S III, SGH-i747
- Samsung Galaxy Mega™, SGH-i527
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3, SM-N900
- Samsung Galaxy S 4, SPH-L720
- Samsung Galaxy Note II, SPH-L900
- Samsung Galaxy S III, SPH-L710
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3, SM-N900V
- Samsung Galaxy S 4, SCH-i545
- Samsung Galaxy S III, SCH-i535
- Samsung Galaxy Note II, SCH-i605
- Samsung Galaxy S 4 Mini, SCH-i435
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3, SM-N900RA
- Samsung Galaxy S 4, SCH-R970
- Samsung Galaxy Note II, SCH-R950
- Samsung Galaxy S III, SCH-R530
Please check back for any future updates to the compatibility listing.
Learn how easy it is to set up the Galaxy Gear in these quick videos.
Galaxy Gear works as an intelligent companion to your Galaxy Note 3, putting powerful smartphone features within easy reach.
Quick Access Notifications
Notifications of phone calls, email, texts, and more on Galaxy Note 3 are pushed to the Galaxy Gear, so you can react quickly and save battery life by not checking your phone as often.
When you react to a notification on Galaxy Gear by pulling out your Galaxy Note 3, the intelligent Smart Relay quickly opens the associated application on the smartphone to save you time.
Find my device lets you use the Galaxy Gear to find your Galaxy Note 3, or vice versa. Activate sounds/vibration remotely from one device to help you locate the other.
Hands Free Functionality
Galaxy Gear integrates with Samsung S Voice™ for hands-free control of your phone, including making and receiving calls.
My Galaxy Gear is connected but doesn’t show weather or notifications.
For notifications to display correctly on Galaxy Gear, you must have Gear Manager installed on the Galaxy Note 3 and the two devices must be paired. Touch Gear manager > Settings > Notification. Mark the checkbox for Weather Widget.
I can only make and receive phone calls on my Galaxy Gear.
To use all features of Galaxy Gear, you must have Gear Manager installed on your compatible smartphone. At launch, only Galaxy Note 3 is compatible with Galaxy Gear.
Where can I download Gear Manager if I am unable to get it by tapping on the charging cradle?
For non-Verizon Galaxy Note 3 devices, go to Samsung Apps and search for “Gear Manager.” For Verizon users, touch Apps > Samsung > Gear Manager.
Samsung, Galaxy Gear, Galaxy Note, and Smart Relay are all trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. Other company names, product names and marks mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners and may be trademarks or registered trademarks. Screen images simulated. Appearance of device may vary.