Why is it that there is an ice on Samsung ac indoor unit?
Ice on the indoor air-conditioning unit is an indication of a fault. This will reduce the efficiency of the air conditioner and will affect the cooling in the place.
Reasons for the ice on the AC:
- May form in the air conditioner due to clogging of the filter, which hinders the exit of cold air
- If the filter is clean and ice formation continuous so the AC needs to be checked by the technical team.
How to fix the ice on Ac:
- Switch of the AC for some time.
- Please remove obstacles from the front of the Indoor unit or outdoor unit. If there is an obstacle, the product cannot inhale enough air.
- Make sure that Cool Mode is selected and the temperature is set on Auto.
- Wash the Air Filter periodically. Cooling efficiency is lower if the filter is polluted
- Open front panel.
- Pull the air filter towards you and slide it down.
- Clean air filter by washing the filter with running water.
- The dry air filter in a ventilated area. Odor can occur if the air filter is not dried completely or dries in a confined (or humid) area.
Insert air filter back in its original position and close the front panel.
After reassembling the AC filter you have to:
- Start the AC on the fan mood for 30 minutes then you can choose the cooling option.
- Choose the temperature on auto mood.
- Close all the windows or doors inside the place.