Gear Sport: Is my Samsung Gear Sport (SM-R600) water resistant?
Swim-proof and ready for anything, Gear Sport keeps working in the pool, the rain and even in the shower. Gear Sport is water-resistant up to 50 meters/164 feet so you can keep track of your workout even under water!
Important: Gear Sport passed military specification (MIL-STD-810G) testing against specific conditions, including drops from 4.9 feet, extreme temperatures, dust, shock/vibration, and low pressure/high altitude. Gear Sport may not perform in all extreme conditions.
Water Resistance Tips
Alright, before you start thinking your Gear Sport is a superhero, just know it's not indestructible. Make sure you follow these tips carefully to prevent damage:
• Whenever your Gear Sport gets wet, dry it thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth. Failure to rinse the Gear Sport in fresh water and dry it as instructed may cause the Gear Sport to suffer from operability or cosmetic issues.
• Do not expose the Gear Sport to water at high pressure.
• After use in sea water, rinse in fresh water and dry it.
• If dropped or receives an impact, the water resistant features of the Gear Sport may be damaged.
• Avoid excessive, sudden temperature changes and high velocity activities. Falls and shocks may breach integrity.
• The Gear Sport is not intended for scuba diving.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .