Refrigerator: Sounds and Operational Noises
It's normal for your fridge to make sounds when it's performing certain operations. The following examples explain what the noises are and why they occur.
• The plastic parts of the refrigerator contract and expand as the temperature of the refrigerator rises and falls, causing cracking noises.
• This usually happens during the defrosting cycle. This cannot be eliminated with service. It is a characteristic of all refrigerators, not just Samsung refrigerators.
• This is the sound of water filling the ice maker, or the sound of the compressor. The compressor will automatically turn on and off. It will run at varying speeds as needed, but is generally very quiet.
Note: To avoid damage, turn off the ice maker if a water line is not connected.
• An alarm will sound when the door is not closed. If the doors are closed and the display is blinking, look for an error code.
• This sound comes from the refrigerator's circulation fans. It's rare, but normal.
• Water dripping onto the defrost heater makes a hissing or sizzling sound.
• Refrigerant moving through the changes from liquid to gas and back again. This makes the bubbling sound.
• As ice falls from the ice maker into the bucket, it sounds a lot like building blocks tumbling onto a wooden table.
Note: Click here to raise online request for engineer visit if you are still facing the issue.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Check the progress of your repair
Samsung is pleased to offer Chatbot support for Samsung products related queries. You can also choose to connect with our Live Chat agent.
Services available 24 Hours a day / 7 Days a week
We'll respond within 24 hours of your request.
Log in with your Samsung Account and join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In India Only 24 Hours a day / 7 Days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Bangladesh Only 8AM - 10PM / 7 days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Sri Lanka
Only 8.30AM - 6.30PM / Mon ~ Sat
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Nepal Only 8AM - 8PM / 7 Days a week
Dial as per your country
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit the HP website .