What do you mean by Ton
General idea :
● It is a well known fact that the water in liquid state contains more heat than Ice in its solid state.
● Therefore, In simple terms, a "Ton" can be defined as the amount of heat that has to be removed from 1 ton of water in its liquid state to convert it into ice at a particular temperature in time period of 24 hours.
● In short , greater the tonnage capacity of the air conditioner, the sooner the room will get cooler. An air conditioner with tonnage capacity of 2 ton will take half the time taken by an air-conditioner with tonnage capacity of 1 ton to cool the same room to a particular temperature.
● One Ton of air conditioning is equivalent to 12000 BTU/Hr. A BTU is the short form of British thermal unit.
How should you select the proper tonnage capacity of the air conditioner for your Home :
● The tonnage capacity of your AC should depend on the size of your home. Greater the size of your home , greater should be the tonnage capacity of the air conditioner.
● If the numbers of rooms that has to be covered by a single AC is more , then it is recommended to have an AC of higher tonnage capacity.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Check the progress of your repair
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
All Days 9AM to 9PM
We'll respond within 24 hours of your request.
Log in with your Samsung Account and join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In India
24 Hours a day / 7 Days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Bangladesh
8AM - 10PM / 7 days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Sri Lanka
8AM - 6.30PM / Mon ~ Sat
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Nepal
8AM - 8PM / 7 Days a week
Dial as per your country
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit the HP website .