Why Ice is not being produced in a Refrigerator?
If water line is not connected properly, ice maker does not produce ice.
● No ice production
● Ice maker dose not dump ice
● No water supply to ice maker
● Ice maker arm sensing error
Refrigerator may take up to 24hrs for producing ice after initial installation.
If your refrigerator was just installed
● Check the water supply valve and connection.
● Be sure to bleed all the air from the system. To bleed the air from the system, dispense approximately 1 gallon of water from the water dispenser on the front of the refrigerator.
● Newly installed refrigerator needs up to 24 hours to produce ice.
If your refrigerator is not newly installed
● If your refrigerator has a water dispenser, check the water flow from the dispenser. If the water flow seems slow or weak, replace the water filter regardless of the age of the water filter.
● Make sure the ice maker is turned on by selecting cubed or crushed ice.
●Make sure the refrigerator doors are fully closed.
● Reset the ice maker by pressing the reset button. After resetting the ice maker, wait 24 hours and check to see if ice production has begun.
For RS*** MODEL
Underneath the front of the ice maker there is a small black button. If you press the button for 3 seconds, the ice maker should rotate the ice tray and dump its contents.
For RSG*** models
Remove the plastic cover that covers the ice maker, then press and hold clear gel button for 8 seconds.
For RF*** models
Pull out ice bucket and press and hold clear gel button for 8 seconds. Once the reset button is pressed, it will take 5 minutes to complete the test cycle.
Important: Do not separate ice makers. This removed ice maker is only to explain the button location.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Check the progress of your repair
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
All Days 9AM to 9PM
We'll respond within 24 hours of your request.
Log in with your Samsung Account and join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In India
24 Hours a day / 7 Days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Bangladesh
8AM - 10PM / 7 days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Sri Lanka
8AM - 6.30PM / Mon ~ Sat
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Nepal
8AM - 8PM / 7 Days a week
Dial as per your country
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit the HP website .