Plasma vs. LCD
Plasma TV :
● Better contrast ratio and ability to render deeper blacks.
● Better color accuracy and saturation.
● Plasma TVs are more susceptible to burn-in of static images.
● Plasma TVs generate more heat than LCDs, due to the need to light of phosphors to create the images.
● Does not perform as well at higher altitudes.
● Shorter display life span (about 30,000 hours or 8 hrs of viewing a day for 9 years) than LCD. However, screen life span is improving to as high as 60,000 hours due to technology improvements.
● No burn-in of static images.
● Cooler running temperature.
● No high altitude use issues.
● Increased image brightness over Plasma. Longer display life (about 60,000 hours).This can vary according to other environmental and use factors.
● Lighter weight (when comparing same screen sizes) than Plasma counterparts.
● Lower contrast ratio, not as good rendering deep blacks.
● Not as good at tracking motion (fast moving objects may exhibit lag artifacts).
● Not as common in large screen sizes above 42-inches as Plasma.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Check the progress of your repair
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
All Days 9am to 9pm
We'll respond within 24 hours of your request.
Log in with your Samsung Account and join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In India
24 Hours a day / 7 Days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Bangladesh
8am - 10 pm / 7 days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Sri Lanka
8am - 6.30 pm / Mon ~ Sat
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Nepal
8am - 8pm / 7 Days a week
Dial as per your country
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit the HP website .