What are the Screen Burn Protection settings available in Samsung Plasma TVs?
When the plasma technology first appeared in the market, the panels had an issue with "Screen Burn-in" or image retention. To rectify this problem Samsung added software in the TV to limit the exposure time on an individual pixel, which is essentially the cause of "Screen Burn-in".
The functions and capabilities of the added features are listed below, depending on your Plasma TV model you will have some or all of these functions :
● Pixel Shift : This function actually moves a pixel of the image over and up based on the value you select when using this option. The optimal setting is 4 pixels, horizonatly and vertically, every 4 minutes.
● Auto Protection Time : This option allows you to control when your TV activate the screen saver after a static/idle image has been on the screen for the time that you specify.
● Scrolling : This is an erase-all function on the panel. If for any reason your have any after-images or are experiencing an after image, this is the first option to try. It displays alternating bars of black and white to bring the pixels back to the baseline.
● Side Gray : This alters colors of the letterbox from the 4:3 screen format by adjusting the white balance on the side-bars. This is useful to prevent 4:3 letterbox image retention. Even though this function helps prevent letterbox image retention, 4:3 should not be used for more than 5% of the viewing time on the TV.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Check the progress of your repair
Samsung is pleased to offer Chatbot support for Samsung products related queries. You can also choose to connect with our Live Chat agent.
Services available 24 Hours a day / 7 Days a week
We'll respond within 24 hours of your request.
Log in with your Samsung Account and join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In India
24 Hours a day / 7 Days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Bangladesh
8AM - 10PM / 7 days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Sri Lanka
8AM - 6.30PM / Mon ~ Sat
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Nepal
8AM - 8PM / 7 Days a week
Dial as per your country
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit the HP website .