We collect the following personal data:
1) your full name;
2) email address;
3) mobile number;
5) the company which you work for; and
Categories 1-5 are collected in our dialogue with you or your colleagues, when discussing an agreement. Your IP-address is collected by the e-signing service as part of verifying that the right person is e-signing the agreement.
We will use the personal data listed above for the following purposes: A) to send you requests for your e-signature; B) to keep track of who has signed which agreement, and when; and C) to use the agreement that you have signed. Samsung’s legal basis to process the personal data is that it is a legitimate interest of Samsung to manage our contracts and signatures in a digital way (it really saves us from a lot of administration). If you want to know more about how we have reasoned and balanced our interests with your interests and rights and freedoms, please contact us using the details in Section 7 below.
We may disclose your personal data internally within our business to all relevant teams such as, without limitation, the customer services team, the legal team, and the finance team. We will also disclose your personal data to the following entities, only to the extent that this will be necessary to perform the Service:
• Service Providers . We disclose your personal data to carefully selected companies that provide services for or on behalf of us. These entities are limited by contractual provisions in their ability to use your information for purposes other than providing services for us. The e-signing service is provisioned by GetAccept AB, a Swedish limited liability company with an office at Södergatan 13, 211 34 Malmö, Sweden, which is a data processor bound by contractual data protection provisions, allowing it to engage sub-processors.
• Other Parties When Required by Law or as Necessary to Protect Our Services . There may be instances when we disclose your information to other parties:
- to comply with the law or respond to compulsory legal process (such as a search warrant or other court order);
- to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our services; and
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Samsung, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, or customers.
Your use of our Services will involve the transfer, storage, and processing of your personal data outside of your country of residence, to the U.S. where GetAccept AB has service providers, and to Korea, consistent with this policy. In addition, your use of the Services may also involve the transfer, storage, and processing of your personal data to other countries; such countries include, without limitation, countries in the European Economic Area, China, Singapore, Vietnam, India, Canada, the Philippines, and Japan. Please note that the data protection and other laws of countries outside the European Economic Area to which your information may be transferred might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. We will take appropriate measures, in compliance with applicable law, to ensure that your personal data remains protected. Such measures include the use of Standard Contractual Clauses and the reliance of the EU – U.S. Privacy Shield to safeguard the transfer of data outside of the EEA. For more information, or to obtain a copy of the contractual agreements in place, please contact us by visiting our Privacy Support Page (https://www.samsung.com/request-desk ).
You have the right to request details about the data we collect about you and to request us to correct inaccuracies in that information, to object to or request the restriction of processing, and to request access to, or the erasure or portability of your information. Under the laws of some jurisdictions, we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardise the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. If you would like to make a request to access your information, please visit our Privacy Support page (https://www.samsung.com/request-desk ).
The personal data will be deleted from the e-signing solution after the agreement has been stored in our contract management system. This usually takes up to 90 days but sometimes longer.
The agreements stored in our contract management system are stored for a longer period of time, usually for ten years after the expiry of the agreement’s term – however, depending on the nature of the agreement, we may have to store it for a longer time period than that.
We will not keep your personal data for longer than is necessary for the purposes it was collected. This means that personal data will be destroyed or erased from our systems when it is no longer required.
We take appropriate steps to ensure that we process and retain information about you based on the following logic:
1. at least the duration for which the personal data is used to provide you with the Service;
2. as required under law, a contract, or with regard to our statutory obligations; or
3. only for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, is processed, or longer if required under any contract, by applicable law, or for statistical purposes, subject to appropriate safeguards.
If you have any specific questions, please contact our European Data Protection Officer at:
• European Data Protection Officer
• Samsung Electronics (UK) Limited
• Samsung House, 1000 Hillswood Drive, Chertsey, Surrey KT16 0PS
If you would like to contact us to exercise your rights, please visit our Privacy Support page (https://www.samsung.com/request-desk ).
You may lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority if you consider that our processing of your personal data infringes applicable law. Contact details for all EU Supervisory Authorities can be found here .
We at Samsung care about our customer’s privacy. Because we care, we take steps ensure that all of our products and services are created using the principle of privacy by design. All the data we collect is used to make our products and services the best that they can be. In doing this we always ensure your data is protected, and only used where it is necessary for us to provide you with a service or a product. We understand the path your data follows to ensure it is safe, secure and compliant with the necessary data protection law. We welcome the changes that have come as part of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). As a part of our GDPR preparation, we have created the Privacy Support page. This page is a platform designed to make it as easy as possible for our customers to exercise any of the six rights under the GDPR. Please visit the Privacy Support page (https://www.samsung.com/request-desk ); all submissions on this page will be assessed by our designated Data Protection Office.