Galaxy Note 8: How to install the memory card?
Please Note: The information on this page is for New Zealand products only. Sequences or settings will vary depending on location and/or where the product had been purchased. To be redirected to your local support page please click here.
Ensure that the ejection pin is perpendicular to the hole. Otherwise, the device may be damaged.
• If you insert the tray into your device while the tray is wet, your device may be damaged. Always make sure the tray is dry.
• Fully insert the tray into the tray slot to prevent liquid from entering your device.
Note: Your device accepts memory cards with maximum capacities of 256 GB. Depending on the memory card manufacturer and type, some memory cards may not be compatible with your device.
• Some memory cards may not be fully compatible with the device. Using an incompatible card may damage the device or the memory card, or corrupt the data stored in it.
• Use caution to insert the memory card right-side up.
• The device supports the FAT32 and the exFAT file systems for memory cards. When inserting a card formatted in a different file system, the device asks to reformat the memory card.
• Frequent writing and erasing of data shortens the lifespan of memory cards.
• When inserting a memory card into the device, the memory card’s file directory appears in the My Files > SD card folder.
• The Samsung Note 8 does not support adaptable storage.