Can Samsung Mobile Device submerge in sea water?
IP, or Ingress Protection, is a universally accepted measurement of varying degrees for dust and liquid resistance. Galaxy devices with an IP rating of 68 is protected from dust ingress, and temporary immersion in up to 1.5 meter of freshwater for up to 30 minutes.
Please note: This article is focusing on models such as Galaxy Note9, S9/S9+, Note8, S8/S8+, A8/A8+ and S7/S7 Edge with IP rating of 68
Generally when using water-and dust-resistance device, keep the following precautions in mind to maintain the performance of the device:
• If the device is exposed to clean water, dry it thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth
• If the device is immersed to other liquids such as hot water, ice water, sticky liquids, alcoholic beverage (not clean water) with ambient temperature, it may affect to the device’s performance and appearance even if the device is rinsed with clean water and dry thoroughly
• When the device is exposured to sea water, the microphone/speaker/earpiece may be blocked due to salt or sand. Rinse the sealed devices gently with clean water and allow it to dry throughly with a clean, soft cloth
• Do not expose the device to moving water with force at high pressure
• Do not immerse the device in other liquids including salt water, ionized water, or soapy water, or alcoholic beverage
• The device supports water-resistance when attaching only Samsung-Approved S View cover with water-resistance feature
• If the device has been immersed in water or the microphone or speaker is wet, sound may not be clear during a call. Wipe the device with a dry cloth or dry it thoroughly before using it
• Samsung guarantee simple life water-resistance when the SIM Tray is attached tightly but does not guarantee that the device will operate normally if it is used in water or other liquids
• The touchscreen and other features may not work properly if the device is used in water
• If the device is dropped or receives an impact, the water-and dust-resistant features of the device may be damaged
• If water enters the S Pen slot for Galaxy Note9 / Note8, gently shake the device to remove the water from the slot before using it
Thank you for your feedback!
Need more help? Contact Us.
Monday to Sunday (Including Public Holidays)
Open 24 hours
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit HP website .
Find out more about how you can get face-to-face help.