What to do if Samsung Mobile Device heated up while charging the battery?
During wireless or fast charging, the device and charger may become hot but this does not affect the device's lifespan or performance. If the battery becomes too hot, the charger may stop charging.
Tips and Precautions when charging battery
When using smartphone products, please pay attention to the following points and use them safely:
• When using wireless charger, do not place foreign materials, such as metal objects, magnets, and magnetic stripe cards, between the device and the wireless charger. Especially, do not place cards such as RFID card , credit card, door lock card between device and back cover. The device may not charge properly or may overheat and cause damages
• Use only Samsung-approved chargers, batteries, and cables. Unapproved chargers including car chargers or cables may cause performance problems and malfunctions or damage the device that are not covered by the warranty.
• Using Non Samsung-approved products (eg : wireless charger, USB cables, car chargers, Micro USB Connector, USB power adaptor) that are not guaranteed to be compatible may cause damage to the product.
• If the lower part of the device overheat, it could be due to faulty USB cable. Replace the damaged USB cable with a new Samsung-approved one
• Be careful not to let foreign objects enter the charger connector (connector, plug). It may cause overheating due to corrosion or temporary short-circuit of power terminal
• If the device is charged while the multipurpose jack is wet, it may cause damage to the device. Thoroughly dry the multipurpose jack before charging
Thank you for your feedback!