How to Use Your Samsung WB350F or WB380F Camera as a Baby Monitor
The WB350F or WB380F Samsung smart camera can be used as a Home/Baby Monitor to keep an eye on your house or your child. See below to learn more and find out how to set up your camera as a baby monitor.
Requirements to Use the Baby Monitor
Before beginning, you will need these four things:
- A Samsung WB350F or WB380F smart camera.
- Wi-Fi in your home or other location where you will be using the camera as a monitor.
- An Android smartphone or iPhone with a screen resolution of WVGA (800 x 480) or higher (almost all US smartphones today will work, although some smartphones may not support all features). Make sure your smartphone has been updated to the latest firmware version.
- The Samsung Home Monitor application installed on your smartphone (this can be downloaded from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store on your phone).
Setting Up the Camera as a Baby Monitor
- On the camera, rotate the mode dial to Wi-Fi.
- Using the camera touchscreen or navigation buttons, select the baby monitor icon.
If a pop-up message prompts you to download the application appears, select Next.
- On the camera, select an access point (Wi-Fi router name) from the list of available Wi-Fi networks (you may be prompted to enter the password for your home Wi-Fi).
- Position the camera.
- Place the camera in a safe location where children or pets cannot reach it.
- Point the camera lens at the subject (for instance, your baby in the crib).
- We recommend you connect the camera to a power outlet with the AC adapter/charger to avoid draining the battery.
- If there is no risk of it being knocked over, a tripod may be a good place for your camera.
- On your smartphone, turn on the Samsung Home Monitor application.
- Start live video or sound monitoring. You can watch live video from the camera on your smartphone. During video monitoring, touch the Sound Monitoring Mode button on the smartphone to stop the video stream but continue to have the camera monitor sound. If the camera detects noise (such as a baby crying), an alarm on the smartphone will notify you.
- During live video monitoring via the smart phone, video is not saved on the camera.
- If the monitored location is dark, touch the AF-assist light icon to turn on the AF-assist light.
- During sound monitoring, alarms will sound on the smart phone if the camera detects noise for a short period at a volume that is higher than the designated level (see below for instructions how to adjust the settings for the alarm).
- During live video monitoring, alarms will not sound on the smart phone even if the camera detects noise. 7
- If you want to exit the Samsung Home Monitor application, touch the Close icon.
Adjusting the Noise Level that Activates the Alarm
You can set the level of noise that will activate an alarm while using sound monitoring. For instance, you can set the level high to only pick up a baby crying, or low to pick up the sound of a baby whimpering. Press DISP to adjust the noise level.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung Care Pro.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.