Using the Smart Connect Feature on Your Gas Cooktop (NAxxK6550 & NAxxK7050)
Using the Smart Connect Feature
Functions that can be operated from the Samsung Smart Home app may not work smoothly if communication conditions are poor or the product is installed in a place with a weak Wi-Fi signal.
With the Samsung Smart Home app, you can:
- Monitor the operating status of the cooktop elements
- Monitor the power level settings of the cooktop elements
- Monitor and adjust the timer settings
Turning Smart Connect On/Off
- If you turn off the Smart Connect feature, mobile devices cannot connect to the cooktop.
- The cooktop continues operating even if the Wi-Fi connection is lost.
- The Smart Home app will not work properly if the Wi-Fi connection is unstable.
Enable Smart Connect
- To access the Smart Connect button, remove the right front knob by pulling out the control knob.
- Press the Smart Connect button.
The Smart Connect LED indicator will light up when Smart Connect is enabled.
- Re-attach the right front control knob.
Connect the Cooktop
Before you use the remote features of your Samsung cooktop, you must download the Smart Home app.
- To connect your cooktop to the Smart Home app, press the Smart Connect button for 3 seconds.
To access the Smart Connect button, remove the right front control knob.
- The Smart Connect LED indicator will begin to blink, indicating that the connect is being made.
When the cooktop has been successfully connected, the Smart Connect LED indicator will stop blinking and stay lit.
- On your mobile device, navigate to All apps > Samsung Smart Home.
- Swipe to and touch the cooktop image.
- Touch OK.
- Select your network and enter the password. Then, touch Next.
- Please wait until your cooktop is connected to the Samsung Smart Home app.
If the connection fails, please repeat the steps.
Monitor the Cooktop Remotely
- After the Smart Connect feature is activated and the connection is made, navigate to and touch the Smart Home app on your mobile device.
For this demonstration, a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is used.
- Touch the cooktop image.
- Your cooktop will be displayed on your screen. The image of the cooktop may differ depending on your cooktop model.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.