Set up and use the Altitude and Barometric Pressure Widget on My Samsung Gear S3 (SM-R760, SM-R765, SM-R770)
The altitude and barometric pressure sensors in your Gear S3 can quickly tell you how far you are above sea level and the current atmospheric pressure. In addition to the Alti-Barometer app on your Gear S3, you can set up the Alti-Barometer widget on your Home screens.
The screens and steps shown below may vary by wireless service provider and your mobile device.
- From the Watch screen, rotate the bezel to the right until you reach the Alti-Barometer widget.
- Touch the bottom-left icon to open the altitude sensor.
- Touch GO to calibrate the altitude sensor for the first time.
You can recalibrate the sensor at any time by touching the Recalibrate icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Review the disclosure and touch the check mark to continue.
- Rotate the bezel to the right to view the Barometer.
- Rotate the bezel again to access the settings menu. Touch CHANGE to adjust the settings.
Touch the question mark for more information on how the altitude and barometric pressure are calculated.
- In the settings menu, you can manually calibrate the altitude and sea level pressure, and change the distance and pressure units. You can also turn on pressure alerts, which will notify you when the atmospheric pressure drops more than 4 hPa in a 3-hour period.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.