How to register an appliance on the SmartThings app.
Registering an appliance in SmartThings.
- Select device manually: Select the type of Samsung appliance you wish to register.
- Auto detect: Tap Auto detect, then tap the appliance you wish to register from the list of Available devices.
Select Smart Home Adapter: For air purifiers, refrigerators, or air conditioners, select Smart Home Adapter instead of the
Note: Certain appliances require an external adapter to be installed in order to connect to SmartThings. Please
refer to the manual provided with the appliance to check whether adapter installation is supported and for the exact installation location.
- Models without a remote control: Press the FAN SPEED button or SPEED button for more than 5 seconds.
- Models with a remote control: Press the TIMER button for more than 5 seconds.
- Press the FRIDGE button for more than 5 seconds.
- Products with freezers only: Press the FREEZER button for more than 5 seconds.
- 2018 and later models: Press the BREEZE-FREE button for more than 5 seconds.
- Models before 2018: Press the RESERVATION or SLEEP RESERVATION button for more than 5 seconds.
- Models with LCD display: SETTINGS > EASY CONNECTION and press the SMART CONTROL button for more than 3 seconds.
- Models without LCD display: Press the SMART CONTROL button on the washer for more than 3 seconds. For FlexWash, press the
SMART CONTROL button of the front loading washer for more than 3 seconds.
- Press the SMART CONTROL button for more than 3 seconds.
If your appliance isn't listed as an available appliance on the Add device screen.
Manually select the appliance from the Add device screen and finish registering it by following the instructions displayed on the screen.
Note: If you manually select a refrigerator, you may be asked to input a PIN depending on the model. When the PIN input display appears on your smartphone, input the PIN shown on the refrigerator display and tap DONE.