How Can I resolve my Samsung Galaxy S3 camera error?(Unknown Error by ErrorCallback)
Last updated: 8 January, 2014
If you encounter the error message “Warning Unknown Error by Error Callback” when you try to take a photo using your Samsung Galaxy S III please follow these steps to resolve the error:
1. From the Home screen on your device touch Settings.
2. Locate and touch Application Manager.
3. Scroll down to beneath Camera and touch Clear Data and Force Stop.
Re-attempt to take a photo. If the error appears again proceed to step four:
4. Turn off the device.
5. Press and hold the Volume Up key, Home key and Power key simultaneously until the phone starts to vibrate.
6. Press the Volume down key to highlight the Wipe Cache Partition option. Press the Power key to select it.
7. After your cache is deleted you will see the Reboot System now option. Press the Power key to select it.
Re-attempt to take a photo. If the error message appears again proceed to step eight:
8. From the Home screen on your device touch Settings.
9. Back up to a PC any data on your device that you wish to keep and then touch Back up and reset > Factory data reset > Reset device. Note: this path may differ slightly for your device and a factory reset will wipe all the changes you've made to your device so please back up scrupulously first.
Re-attempt to take a photo. If the error appears again it strongly suggests your device has a hardware fault.
Please click here to find the location and contact details of the Samsung service center closest to you so you can arrange for an engineer to examine your device.
You may also click here to try our online prebooking service before visting our service center.