The GPS location on my smartphone is inaccurate. How do I fix it?
- A GPS issue may arise for Samsung smartphones running Android 10. Your location may appear incorrect due to various reasons: obstructed GPS signal, disabled location settings, or not properly set location option.
- The settings and menu items may vary depending on your device model and software version. Being inside a car may result in a weak GPS signal due to various interference factors. Firstly, if your car is not started and you are having problems with the GPS signal, then your car tint may be the culprit. The metallic tinting materials can weaken the signal. Secondly, if your car is started, various electronic devices inside the car may interfere with the GPS. Hence, we recommend checking whether those electronic devices are turned off to improve your GPS signal.
- Using a 3rd party smartphone case not authorized by Samsung may also cause a weak GPS signal, depending on the case material and weight. Remove the case and check if the issues have been resolved.
- Screen images and menu items may vary depending on your model and software version.
- According to Google's new policy, smartphones running Android 10 are required to grant GPS permission for relevant apps to be provided with location data.
- Your GPS info may be inaccurate when your device screen is turned off depending on which option you selected in App permissions. Check each option below and select one that fits you best.
“Allow all the time”: GPS permission is given to the app even when the app is running in the background.
“Allow only while using the app”: The device's location is only known to the app when the app is in use.
“Ask every time”: Every time you open the app, it must ask your permission to use your location.
“Deny”: It will deny the location access for the app.
- Please make sure to update your apps to the latest version if not done already.
- If you are still having problems with your location, please check to see if the same issues also arise when using other GPS apps.
How to grant an app GPS permission
Go to "Settings" and select "Apps." Select the app you want to enable location for, and tap "Permission." Then select "Location" and tap on "Allow all the time."
Thank you for your feedback!
Please answer all questions.