How do I adjust the Samsung dishwasher rack height?
Adjusting the upper rack height allows you to accommodate various sizes of items in the upper or lower rack so that you can enjoy a more convenient dishwashing time.
Check the Upper and Lower racks in your Samsung dishwasher
The upper basket is designed to hold more delicate and lighter dishware, such as glasses, coffee cups, teacups, and saucers as well as plates, small bowls, and shallow pans (if they are not too dirty).
You can adjust the height of the upper rack in your dishwasher so that the lower rack can accommodate larger-sized dishes.
Depending on where you set the upper rack height,
- the upper rack (A) can accommodate plates up to 20 cm (8 in.) in diameter.
- the lower rack (B) can accommodate plates up to 30 cm (12 in.) in diameter.
Note: The features and appearance of the racks and silverware baskets may vary from your model.
How to lower the rack
Step 1. Grab the adjuster handles located at the left and right sides of the upper rack.
Step 2. Then, push the upper rack downwards slightly at the same time.
- If you do not adjust with the left and right handle together simultaneously, the dishwasher door may not close properly.
- Pull out the upper rack from the tub until it is fully revealed before adjusting the upper rack.
- It is recommended to adjust the height of the upper rack before loading dishes into the rack. If you adjust the rack after loading the dishes, you may damage the dishes.
- The features and appearance of the racks and silverware baskets may vary on your model.
How to raise the rack
Step 1. Pull the upper rack upwards.
Step 2. The adjuster handle will latch, and the upper rack will move to the high position.
You can remove the upper rack to accommodate large items in the lower rack. See the how-to-step instructions below and make sure not to lose the rack after removal.
Rotary type dishwasher
Step 1. Pull the upper rack to the front until it is fully extended. Then, lift it slightly to remove it.
Step 2. Then, lift it slightly to remove it.
- Do not operate the dishwasher without the upper rack. Otherwise, the noise will occur, and the dishwasher will not operate properly.
- Because the upper rack is removable, insert the upper rack properly to ensure the dishwasher operates normally.
Waterwall type dishwasher
Step 1. Hold the upper rack on both sides.
Step 2. Pull out the upper rack from the tub until it is fully extended.
Step 3. Extend the holder rails on both sides and pull the upper rack to the end of the holder rail.
- Adjust the height of the upper rack before loading the dishes into the rack. If not, dishes can be damaged.
- If the racks are completely removed, ensure that you do not lose the rack.