What is Samsung SmartTag?
Note: The Samsung Galaxy SmartTag is compatible with Galaxy mobile devices and tablets using the latest version of the SmartThings app.
Note: If no pop-up appears, tap Add (the plus sign), and then tap Devices. Tap the by brand tab, choose Samsung, and tap SmartTag.
Locate your SmartTag using SmartThings Find
When you’re in a pinch and can’t find the SmartTag, you’ll be happy to know there are several ways to locate it.
- Open the SmartThings app, tap Menu (the three horizontal lines), and then tap All devices. Select your SmartTag, and then select Go to map. If it can be detected, the device’s approximate location will be displayed.
- If you are still unable to locate it, you can use these additional options to pinpoint its whereabouts:
Remove the SmartTag
If you no longer want to use the SmartTag, you will need to remove it from the SmartThings Find feature.
1. Open the SmartThings app, and then navigate to and select the SmartThings Find card.
2. Tap More options (the three vertical dots), and then tap Show/hide devices.
3. Deselect the SmartTag and any other device(s) you don’t want to appear in SmartThings Find, and then tap Save.
4. The tag and device(s) will no longer be tracked in SmartThings Find.
Reset your SmartTag
If the SmartTag is not working as expected, you can reset the device through the SmartTag app
1. Open the app, tap Menu (the three horizontal lines), and then tap All devices.
2. Select the SmartTag, and tap More options (the three vertical dots).
3. Tap Information, and then tap Reset device.
Note: If the device makes a sound right after inserting the battery, try these steps again.
Thank you for your feedback!
Please answer all questions.