Samsung Washer - Use Child Lock
While washers are an important part of many households, they can also pose a safety concern. But you won't have to worry about that with your Samsung appliances. To prevent children from accidentally starting or playing around with the washer, the Child Lock feature disables the buttons on the control panel (with some exceptions, like the Power button). On many models, it will also lock the door, which will stay locked even if the washer is turned off and on again.
The provided information refers to washers sold in Canada. The available settings and options may differ for appliances sold in other countries.
Child Lock is activated using a two-button combination that's labeled on the control panel. Sometimes you'll see the words "Child Lock" with lines pointing to the appropriate buttons. Other times, there may be a Child Lock icon that identifies which buttons to press.
If you still aren't sure what buttons to press, you can find the exact combination in your user manual. Once you know the combination, press and hold both buttons simultaneously until a chime sounds. The Child Lock icon will glow once it's activated. To deactivate Child Lock, press and hold the same buttons again.
- The buttons used to disable Child Lock and the buttons that will still function while Child Lock is activated may vary between models and whether or not a cycle is currently running.
- On front load washers, Child Lock will also lock the door.
- On some top load washers Child Lock will not lock the door. For these models, if an unsafe amount of water is in the washer when the door is opened, the water will drain to a safe level if Child Lock is activated. To prevent water from draining when the door is opened, disable Child Lock.
- Restarting the washer will not disable Child Lock.
- FlexWash models have a separate Child Lock setting for each panel.
- On many models, a Temporary off setting is included, which causes the Child Lock icon to flash and the door to unlock. After 1 minute, Child Lock will reengage and lock the door again. If the door is open when the time is up, an alarm will sound for two minutes. If the door is closed within that time, Child Lock will stay activated; if not, it will deactivate.
Thank you for your feedback!