How do I Add Device to SmartThings app? (Hong-Kong version)
Please check whether the model is supported by SmartThings or not.
*The covered area is an email address and the account name.
Adding a device
When you launch the SmartThings app, it will automatically search for household appliances that can connect to SmartThings and display a pop-up message on the screen. To add discovered devices, tap [Add now] and follow the instructions on the next page to connect the device.
Please select the category and model name of the device you wish to connect, and follow the instructions on the next page.
※ What is a Soft-AP (Software-enabled Access Point)?
This is a wireless AP feature created by software which appears when searching for Wi-Fi devices, e.g. hotspots, tethering, etc.
Manually add device → You can check how to configure the AP for a particular device by tapping on it.
- Each device must be connected to Wi-Fi or other wireless network.
- For interoperability through SmartThings, all the devices should be registered with a single Samsung Account.
- Available technology, functions, and features may vary by country, service provider, network environment, or product, and are subject to change without notice.
- Please find 'Works with SmartThings' logo on the product or product package.
- "Bixby" is limited to selected languages and certain accents/dialects.
- Device and screen images simulated for illustrative purposes.
- All specifications and descriptions provided herein may be different from the actual specifications and descriptions for the product. Samsung reserves the right to make changes to this document and the product described herein, at anytime, without obligation on Samsung to provide notification of such change. All functionality, features, specifications, GUI and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation.