What to do when the Ice Maker in Samsung Side-By-Side Refrigerator is not making enough Ice?
Samsung refrigerator produces about 120 cubes per day, which is in line with most manufacturer specifications.
If your refrigerator is producing less than 120 cubes per day, try the following:
• Set the refrigerator temperature display to a lower setting. The refrigerator temperature must be 5°F (-15°C) or lower for the ice maker to work properly
• Make sure that the water valve on the refrigerator water supply line is completely open. You can find the water valve where the refrigerator water supply line taps into your house water line
• If you have a water filter in your refrigerator, change the filter cartridge. For instructions, see your Users Manual
If you want your refrigerator to produce more than 120 ice cubes in a day, try the following:
• An ice maker typically makes 1 tray of ice every 90 minutes. To shorten the amount of time to produce a tray of ice, set the refrigerator temperature display to a lower setting
• If your refrigerator has a Power Freeze function, press the Power Freeze button to speed up the ice making process. In the Power Freeze mode, both the compressor and the refrigerator fan run for 10 hours continuously. The ice making interval is reduced from 90 minutes to 55 minutes. If the ice bucket fills in less than 10 hours, Power Freeze stops automatically
If your refrigerator is newly installed, it will take 6 to 12 hours for the refrigerator to produce ice. Throw away the first three batches of ice cubes that the ice maker produces (approximately 30 cubes) to ensure that it is making ice from clean water.
Thank you for your feedback!
Need more help? Contact Us.
Monday to Sunday (Including Public Holidays)
Open 24 hours
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit HP website .
Find out more about how you can get face-to-face help.