Troubleshooting Guide for Samsung Galaxy Watch
If you have run into issue with your Galaxy Watch, read on for some of the common issues below:
If the battery is completely discharged, the Galaxy Watch cannot be turned on immediately when the charger is connected.
Allow a depleted battery to charge for a few minutes before turning on. Use the charger to charge the battery before using it for the first time.
Use only Samsung-approved chargers, batteries, and cables. Unapproved chargers or cables can cause the battery to explode or damage the Watch.
And, before charging the battery, ensure that the charging terminals of the Watch and the wireless charger dock are free of foreign material, such as sweat, liquid, or dust. Clean the charging terminals with a soft dry cloth.
If device is not turned on after charging for a enough periods, please visit Samsung Service Centre with your device for further assistance.
You can connect the Bluetooth headset to listen to music and have a phone conversations through it.
If the Bluetooth headset cannot locate your Galaxy Watch, follow these steps:
• Ensure that the Bluetooth wireless feature is activated on your Galaxy Watch
• Reset your Galaxy Watch and try again
• Ensure that your Galaxy Watch and the other Bluetooth device are within the Bluetooth connection range (10 m). The distance may vary depending on the environment the devices are used in
• Restart both devices and launch the Galaxy Wearable App on the Mobile Device again
If the tips above do not solve the problem, visit a Samsung Service Centre with your device for further assistance.
When the Galaxy Watch or the battery is exposed to very hot/cold temperatures, the usual charge may be reduced. Also, battery consumption increases when you use Apps that will take up more energy.
If you're using LTE Galaxy Watch (SM-R805 or R815) on BT mode and without mobile network connection, set the mobile network to Always off to save battery power.
If you are facing issue to connect calls, follow these steps:
• Ensure that your Galaxy Watch is connected to a Mobile Device via Bluetooth. If your Galaxy Watch is connected to your Mobile Device remotely, you cannot receive incoming calls
• Ensure that your Mobile Device and Galaxy Watch have accessed the right cellular network
• Ensure that you have not set call barring for the incoming phone number on the Mobile Device and Galaxy Watch
• Ensure that you have not set call barring for the phone number you are dialing on the Mobile Device and Galaxy Watch
• Check if do not disturb mode, goodnight mode, or theatre mode is activated. If one of these modes
has been activated, the touchscreen does not turn on during incoming calls. Rotate the bezel or press the Home key or Back key to turn on the screen and check the incoming call
Firstly, check whether you have wear the GalaxyWatch correctly.
When you activate the auto heart rate tracking feature, or when the Galaxy Watch recognizes your exercise, the Galaxy Watch will automatically track your heart rate. When measuring your heart rate, wear the Galaxy Watch snugly on your arm above your wrist
as shown in the figure below.
• The accuracy of the heart rate sensor may be diminished depending on measurement conditions and surroundings
• Use the HR feature only for measuring your heart rate
• Do not look directly at the heart rate sensor’s lights. Doing so may impair your vision
• Cold ambient temperatures may affect your measurement; during winter or cold weather
• Take heart rate measurements when you are seated and relaxed
• If you receive a reading that is very different from your expected heart rate, rest for 30 minutes and then measure again
• Smoking or consuming alcohol before taking measurements may cause your heart rate to be different from your normal
• Do not talk, yawn, or breathe deeply while taking heart rate measurements
• Heart rate measurement is affected by physical factors such as light absorption and reflection, such as blood circulation/blood pressure, skin condition and location and concentration of blood vessels
• Clean the heart rate sensor when it is dirty
• If your device becomes hot to the touch, please remove it until it cools
Due to GPS communication problem between Galaxy Watch and Mobile Device, you cannot check your real-time location and track your workout. Samsung is aware of this symptom and the issue will be resolved with the upcoming Galaxy Watch software and Galaxy Wearable Application updates.
Samsung encourages you to keep your software and Apps updated to latest version. Please check for software updates regularly via FOTA.
Before the new software release, please stop Bluetooth connection between Galaxy Watch and Mobile Device and use Watch’s GPS for the time being.
Please note: When both devices are connected, Mobile Device's GPS will be used
Thank you for your feedback!
Need more help? Contact Us.
Monday to Sunday (Including Public Holidays)
8:00am - 8:00pm
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit HP website .
Find out more about how you can get face-to-face help.