Where are my photos and videos stored on my Samsung Galaxy S6, and can I move them?
You can save room on your device by moving pictures, videos, and other files to your Google Drive™ cloud storage.
Your device does not have a microSD™ card slot. External storage is available through cloud storage.
Move Media Files
- From the Home screen, touch Apps .
- Touch My Files > Device storage .
Note: It may be necessary to open the Samsung folder and touch My Files > Device storage.
- Open the folder containing the pictures you want to move. The following table directs you to the folder where your media is stored:
Media Saved From Storage Location Browser Download Camera DCIM > Camera Video Videos or DCIM > Camera Screen capture Pictures > Screenshots
- Touch and hold a picture you want to move, and then mark the checkboxes for additional pictures.
- Touch MORE > Move or Copy.
- Touch Google Drive .
Note: You will need to sign in with your Google™ Account if you have not already done so.
- Select a folder, or touch CREATE FOLDER to make a new folder for the files.
- Touch MOVE HERE or PASTE HERE.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.