Formatting a microSD™ Card on Your Galaxy Tab E NOOK
Format a microSD Card
• Formatting your microSD card will delete all files in the SD card.
• Data cannot be recovered.
• Backup all your stored data before formatting your microSD card.
From the Home screen, touch Apps > Settings > Storage.
Scroll down and touch Format SD card and follow the prompts.
Review the message and touch FORMAT SD CARD again.
Touch DELETE ALL to format SD card.
Advanced Users: Changing File Systems
• The following information is for advanced users regarding NTFS and FAT file systems.
• It is explained with the assumption that prior experience is available and will not review basic information.
• As a result, certain terms and instructions may be found confusing.
• It is not recommended to continue if you do not consider yourself to be an advanced user.
Many external memory storage devices (E.G: SD cards, USB’s, external hard drives) are formatted as FAT file systems. This has nothing to do with Samsung’s onboard software, but can be changed. With the dramatic increase in file sizes and hard drive space, many users wish to move files larger than 4 GB. However, the following should be taken into account before altering file systems:
By default, Mac computers can read NTFS drives, but cannot write to them without help from external software or changes made by command prompt or terminal.
If an external device is formatted as NTFS, it is absolutely necessary to use the “Safely Remove Hardware” feature to remove the device. Failure to do so may corrupt the files it contains.
FAT is ideal for external drives because so many devices support it.
NTFS has more advantages than simply moving larger files. These include, but are not limited to, local and network security, better reliability, and better disc space utilization.
• The following instructions are for a computer running Windows 7.
• The steps for other operating systems will vary, but can easily be found online.
In order to change file systems, use the following steps:
Connect the micro SD card to your computer (micro SD card to USB converter may be required).
Under “Devices with Removable Storage” right click on the drive you wish to alter and click Format.
Under File system click the drop-down menu and click NTFS.
Click OK to commence (all data on the removable disk will be lost).
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.