Replacing & Resetting the Water Filter in the Family Hub Refrigerator
The filter indicator turns red to let you know it is time to replace the water filter. Before replacing the filter, make sure the water supply line is shut off.
• Do not use third-party water filters. Use only Samsung-provided or approved filters.
• Unapproved filters may leak and damage the refrigerator, causing electric shock. Samsung is not responsible for any damage that may occur from use of third-party water filters.
Removing and Installing Water Filter
- The Water filter is located between the bottom drawers in the fridge.
- Turn the filter counter clockwise.
- Pull out to remove the filter. Reinstall a new filter by reversing these steps.
Resetting the Water Filter Indicator
After replacing the water filter, you will need to reset the water filter indicator.
- From the Home screen, swipe left.
- Touch Fridge Manager.
- Touch Fridge Settings.
- Touch Water Filter. Current filter status is displayed below.
- Touch RESET.
- Touch RESET THE FILTER.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.