How Do I Move Apps on My Samsung Galaxy S5 Active to a microSD™ Card? (SM-G870A)
Save storage on your device by moving Android™ apps to your microSD™ card.
The available screens and settings may vary by wireless service provider and software version.
This function is not supported if the microSD™ card is not inserted in your device.
Move Apps to a microSD™ Card
Not all apps can be moved to the microSD™ card. Pre-installed apps cannot be moved. If CHANGE is not available, that specific app cannot be transferred to the microSD™ card.
- From your Home screen, touch Apps.
- Navigate to Settings > Apps > Application manager.
- Then, select the app you would like to move to your microSD™ card.
- After making your selection, touch Storage > CHANGE.
- Touch SD card to move the selected app to your microSD™ card.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.
Text SMSCARE to 62913 to receive live support 24/7*