How do I Connect to Wi-Fi on My Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1? (SM-T587P)
To save your mobile data usage charges, turn on your Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi is a wireless connectivity feature that lets you connect Wi-Fi enabled devices to share information or to connect to the internet.
Connecting to Wi-Fi
- Navigate to and touch Apps > Settings > Wi-Fi.
- To turn Wi-Fi on, touch the slider.
- Touch your Wi-Fi network.
- If required, enter the password. Then, touch CONNECT.
If a password is not required, you can simply touch CONNECT.
- After Wi-Fi is connected, the Wi-Fi icon will appear on the status bar.
Turning Wi-Fi On/Off
When Wi-Fi is on, your device will scan for and automatically connect to any previously connected access points, commonly known as the network.
- To access your Wi-Fi, open the Notification Panel by swiping down from the top of your screen.
- To turn the Wi-Fi on/off, touch Wi-Fi.
- From the Home screen, touch Apps > Settings > Wi-Fi.
- Touch MORE for the following options.
- Add network: Manually add new network connections.
- WPS push button: Connect directly with your wireless router using the Wi-Fi Protected Setup button on your router.
- WPS PIN entry: Connect directly with your wireless router by entering the randomly generated PIN on your device.
- Smart network switch: Connect automatically to a mobile network when the Wi-Fi connection is unstable.
• Network notification: Receive notifications when open networks in ragne are detected.
• Hotspot 2.0: Connect automatically to Wi-Fi access points that support Hotspot 2.0.
• Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep: Specify when to disconnect from Wi-Fi.
• Install network certificates: Install authentication certificates.
• MAC address: View your MAC address (not configurable).
• IP address: View your IP address (not configurable).
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.