Touchpad Gestures and Tips for the Notebook
You can move the cursor or select an item using the touchpad. The left and right buttons of the touchpad have the same functions as the left and right buttons of a mouse.
Basic Touchpad Functions
- To move the cursor, move a finger on the touchpad.
- To click or select, tap the touchpad or press the left touchpad button.
- To double-click, double-tap the touchpad or press the left touchpad button twice.
- To right click, press the right touchpad button.
- To move an icon or an app to a desired location, press and hold the icon or app. Then, drag it to the desired location with the left touchpad button pressed down.
- To scroll in any direction, swipe with two fingers on the touchpad in the desired direction.
- To zoom in, spread two fingers apart
- To zoom out, make a pinching gesture with two fingers on the touchpad.
Configuring Touchpad Gestures
- Click the Start button.
- Navigate to Settings > Devices > Mouse & touchpad.
- You can configure the touchpad settings here.
To lock/unlock the touchpad, press and hold the Fn key. Then, press the F5 key.
Press & Go Gestures
The Press & Go feature only works in Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, and Windows Explorer.
- Tap lightly and hold with one finger on the touchpad.
- When the arrows appear on the screen, swipe your finger in the desired direction.
- Up Arrow - Go to the top of the webpage or the files list of the current folder.
- Down Arrow - Go to the bottom of the webpage or the files list of the current folder.
- Left Arrow - Go to the previous screen of the webpage or the current folder.
- Right Arrow - Go to the next screen of the webpage or the current folder.
This function is only available if you went back to the previous page.
How would you like to contact us?
Text Us tap here to text SMSCARE to 62913 for 24/7 live support
Message Us start an online chat with Samsung
1-800-SAMSUNG 8 AM - 12 AM EST 7 days a week IT/ Computing - 8 AM to 9 PM EST Mon to Fri
Give us a call 1-800-SAMSUNG (1-800-726-7864)
Mobile Support 8 AM - 12 AM EST 7 days a week
Home Electronics & Appliance Support 8 AM - 12 AM EST M-F 9 AM - 6 PM EST Sat, Closed Sunday
IT/Computing Support 8 AM - 9 PM EST, Mon - Fri Closed Sat-Sun
Order Support Order Help