Changing the Brightness and Display Mode on the Notebook
To reduce eye strain and battery consumption, you can adjust the brightness of the display. You can also change the display mode for the optimal settings depending on your current activity.
Changing the Brightness
- To lower the brightness of the screen, press and hold the Fn key. Then, press the F2 key.
- To raise the brightness of the screen, press and hold the Fn key. Then, press the F3 key.
- Alternatively, click the Action Center icon. Then, click on the Brightness quick action.
Changing the Display Mode
- Navigate to Start > All Apps > Samsung > Samsung Settings.
- Select Display > Display Color. You can select from 5 different settings:
- Auto mode: Automatically optimizes the screen for the program that is running.
- Dynamic: Makes scenes more vivid and clear.
- Standard: For normal environments and convenient for most situations.
- Photo Editing: Useful for viewing photos.
- Reading: Useful for reading documents.
How would you like to contact us?
1-800-SAMSUNG MOBILE: 24 HOURS, 7 DAYS A WEEK ALL OTHER: M-F 8-12AM/S-S 9AM-11PM, APPLIANCES 6PM ET
Give us a call Speak directly with a Samsung Pro or schedule a time for us to call you
General Mon-Fri: 8am- 12 am (EST) Sat-Sun:9am - 11 pm (EST) 1-800-726-7864
Mobile Mon - Sun: 12am - 12 pm 1-800-726-7864
Home Appliances Sat-Sun:9am -6pm(EST) 1-800-726-7864