Using the Oven Racks in Your Combination Microwave Wall Oven (NQ70M6650)
Your oven comes equipped with various oven racks to help you create your favorite dishes. Review the articles below for more information.
Using the Oven Racks
Here are some recommended rack positions for cooking.
|Type of Food||Rack Position|
|Broiling meats or small cuts of poultry/fish||3-5|
|Bundt cakes, pound cakes, frozen pies, casseroles||3 or 4|
|Angel food cakes, small roasts||2|
|Turkey, large roast, hams, pizza||1|
Do not cover a rack with aluminum foil or place aluminum foil at the bottom of the oven. This will impede heat circulation, result in poor baking, and may damage the oven bottom.
Rack and Pan Placement
For best results, center the baking pans in the oven. If you are baking with more than one pan, make sure there is at least 1-1.5 inches of space around each pan.
- When you bake with a single oven rack, place the oven rack in position 3 or 4.
- When you bake cakes or cookies on multiple racks, place the oven racks in positions 3 and 5.
Removing and Replacing the Racks
Removing the Racks
Pull the rack straight out until it stops.
Lift up the front of the rack and then pull it out.
Replacing the Racks
Place the end of the rack on the support.
Tilt up the front of the rack and push it in.
The fully extendable Gliding Rack makes food preparation easier, especially for heavier dishes. The Gliding Rack has 2 guide tracks that extend out of the oven.
Installing and Removing the Gliding Rack
Make sure the oven is off and the Gliding Rack is in the closed position.
Carefully insert the Gliding Rack between the rack guides until the rack reaches the back of the oven.
Do not install the Gliding Rack directly above the Flat Rack or the Recessed Rack.
When you use the Gliding Rack, make sure to only pull on the handle of the rack to slide it in and out.
To remove the Gliding Rack, make sure it is in the closed position. Then, grasp the rack and frame, and pull both out of the oven.
Utensils & Cover
- To obtain good cooking results with the Auto Sensor function, follow the directions for selecting appropriate containers and covers in the above chart.
- Always use microwave-safe dishes or containers, and cover them with their matching lid. If the dish or container does not have its own lid, use plastic wrap, and turn back one corner to allow steam to escape at the proper rate.
- Fill containers at least half full.
- Foods that require stirring or rotating should be stirred or turned toward the end of the Sensor Cook cycle, after the time has started to count down on the display.
- It is not advisable to use the Auto Sensor cooking feature continuously. i.e. one cooking operation immediately after another.
- To avoid poor results, do not use the Auto Sensor cooking function when the ambient room temperature is too high or too low.
- Do not use volatile detergent to clean your oven. Gas resulting from the detergent may affect the sensor.
- Avoid placing the oven near high moisture or gas emitting appliances, since this will interfere with the proper performance of the Auto Sensor.
- Always keep the inside of the oven clean. Wipe all spills with a damp cloth. This oven is designed for household use only.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung Care Pro.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.