Using Self Clean & Self Clean+ on Your FlexWash™ Washer (WV55M9600)
Self Clean and Self Clean+ are cleaning cycles that remove dirt and bacteria built up in the washer. These cycles help to manage odor that is caused by germs and bacteria. On your FlexWash™ washer, the Upper washer has a Self Clean cycle, and the Lower washer has a Self Clean+ cycle. Self Clean+ is a more intense cleaning cycle for the larger capacity Lower washer.
• Using Self Clean/Self Clean+, you can clean the tub/drum without using a cleaning agent.
• Never use Self Clean/Self Clean+ when laundry is in the washer. This may cause damage to the laundry or the washer.
•Always make sure the tub/drum is empty before starting a Self Clean/Self Clean+ cycle.
Using Self Clean on the Upper Washer
Press POWER to turn the Upper washer on.
Press Self Clean.
Press and hold START/PAUSE until Self Clean starts.
Using Self Clean+ on the Lower Washer
Press POWER to turn the Lower washer on.
Press Self Clean+.
Press and hold START/PAUSE until Self Clean+ starts.
The Self Clean Auto Led Function
- If the Self Clean/Self Clean+ reminder indicator is lit after a wash, it indicates tub/drum cleaning is required. In this case, remove the laundry from the washing machine, turn the power on, and clean the tub/drum by running Self Clean.
- If you do not run Self Clean/Self Clean+, the Self Clean/Self Clean+ reminder indicator turns off. However, the Self Clean/Self Clean+ reminder indicator will light up again after five washes.
- Not running Self Clean/Self Clean+ will not cause a problem with washing machine operation, but will result in unpleasant odors occurring.
- Run Self Clean for the Upper washer after every 20 washes and Self Clean+ after every 40 washes for the Lower washer.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.