Controlling Other Devices with Your 2017 UHD's OneRemote
You can control external devices connected to the UHD TV using the OneRemote.
Point the OneRemote at the device you are controlling, and make sure there are no obstacles between the OneRemote and the device.
Certain external devices connected to the TV may not support the universal remote feature.
1. Make sure the device(s) are connected to the HDMI port(s) on the One Connect and are turned On.
2. Press the Home button on your OneRemote.
3. Navigate to Source > Universal Remote.
4. Select New Device.
5. Select the type of device you want to set up.
- Set-top box
- Home Theater System
- OTT Box/Game console
- Blu-ray player
6. For certain devices, select whether the device is connected to the TV directly or connected to a home theater system.
7. Select the brand of the device.
8. Select the HDMI port the device is connected to.
The TV memorizes both the external device and the port (HDMI 1, HDMI 2, etc) the device is connected to.
9. Complete the test using the OneRemote to control the device.
The test is different depending on the type of device.
10. Now you can control the device with your OneRemote.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung Care Pro.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.