Frequently Asked Questions About Samsung Internet
Safe, secure, and speedy web browsing are what you can expect with Samsung Internet. Whether you have a question about device compatibility or want to know how content blockers work, find answers to frequently asked questions about Samsung's mobile web browser.
- What is Samsung Internet?
Samsung Internet is a simple, fast, and reliable web browser for your phone and tablet.
- On which devices can I install or update Samsung Internet?
- The latest version of Samsung Internet supports Samsung Galaxy phones with Android 5.0 (Lollipop OS) or higher. You can download it from the Google Play Store or Galaxy Apps.
- How can I install or update Samsung Internet?
- Samsung Internet can be installed and updated through the Google Play Store or Galaxy Apps.
- What are content blockers?
- You can use content blockers in Samsung Internet to block unnecessary content from cluttering your browser. This is only available on Samsung Internet version 4.0 and above for third-party apps certified by Samsung.
- What is Secret mode?
- Secret mode lets you browse in private. When activated, your History, Saved pages, and Bookmarks can't be seen outside of Secret mode. You can also protect your Secret mode data with a password for even more security.
- What is Samsung Internet's biometric web sign-in?
- Biometric web sign-in is an advanced security feature in Samsung Internet that uses biometric data to sign in to websites. It is available in Samsung Internet version 4.0 and above. Devices with fingerprint support can use fingerprint verification to sign in to websites, and some devices with Samsung Internet version 5.0 and above support iris verification.
- How does biometric web sign-in work?
- When you sign in to a website, you will see a Save password popup that asks if you'd like to save your ID/Password. If you check the Fingerprint or Iris option, web sign-in saves the option and will perform the biometric verification step when you visit the website again. You will only be able to sign in if biometric verification is successful.
- What is CloseBy?
- CloseBy lets you learn useful website information broadcast by beacons located nearby.
- How can I use CloseBy?
- When CloseBy is on, you will receive notifications with web address information when there are beacons nearby that support this feature. You can directly access these addresses by selecting them.
- What is Popup Video?
- Samsung Internet for Android's Popup Video is a feature that lets you view web videos in a resizable and movable popup window. Popup Video lets you keep watching videos while browsing the web or even after exiting the Samsung Internet browser.
- What is Video history?
- Samsung Internet provides a video history list that is separate from the overall browsing history list. Video history only shows web videos you've watched. When you view your Video history, you can easily rewatch or share videos.
- What is Saved pages?
- Saved pages stores the current webpage you are viewing on your device. Once saved, you can open the webpage at any time, even if you're not connected to the internet.
- What is an error report?
- Samsung Internet's team of developers strive to anticipate and fix any possible defects, but sometimes unpredictable errors occur. Through the error report menu, you can send an email with a screenshot and device log to the Samsung Internet team. You can review and edit the content to prevent sharing personal information before sending.
- How can I use the Samsung Internet extension with the Chrome browser on my computer?
- The Samsung Internet extension for Chrome lets you open bookmarks from your phone on your computer and vice versa. You can download the extension from the Chrome Web Store.
- How can I use bookmarks in Chrome on my computer with Samsung Internet?
- When you install the Samsung Internet extension for Chrome, you can easily access your bookmarks from Chrome and Samsung Internet on both your computer and phone.
- Can I back up/restore bookmarks in Samsung Internet?
- You can use Smart Switch to back up and restore your data (Bookmarks, Saved pages, Open tabs, History, Settings).
- How can I use content blockers?
- You need to install content blocker extension apps from the Play Store or Galaxy Apps to turn on the Content blockers feature. Once you install a content blocker extension app, the Content blockers menu will appear and can be used under Samsung Internet Settings.
- How can I activate/deactivate the biometric web sign-in feature?
- You can turn web sign-in using biometrics on or off. If Samsung Pass is installed on your phone or tablet, Samsung Pass will replace web sign-in using biometrics.
- How can I use Popup Video?
- When playing a video in Samsung Internet with the internal media player in full screen mode, you can enter Popup Video mode by touching the Popup Video icon in the lower left corner.
- How can I download video files in Samsung Internet?
- While playing a video using Popup Video or Video history, touch and hold the screen, select the Save video option, and the video will be downloaded.
- Can I save my credit card number to use in autofill?
- Samsung Internet saves and protects your credit card number with Knox's data security technology. It only uses your credit card information for autofill forms after biometric authentication.
- How can I activate Night mode?
- Night mode makes the screen darker in Samsung Internet. Activate Night mode by touching More Options (three vertical dots) in the bottom left corner, and then touching Turn on Night mode.
- How can I turn off auto-update?
- Open the Play Store and search for and select Samsung Internet. You can turn off auto-update by unchecking the Auto-update option in More Options.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung Care Pro.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.