Frequently Asked Questions About Samsung Internet
Answers to commonly asked questions about Samsung's mobile web browser.
- What is Samsung Internet?
- Samsung Internet is a simple, fast, and reliable web browser for your phone and tablet.
- On which devices can I install or update Samsung Internet?
- The latest version of Samsung Internet supports Samsung Galaxy smartphones with Android 5.0 (Lollipop OS) or higher. You can download it from the Google Play Store or Galaxy Apps.
- How can I install or update Samsung Internet?
- Samsung Internet can be updated, and installed through the Google Play Store as well as Galaxy Apps.
- What are content blockers?
- You can use content blockers in Samsung Internet to block unnecessary content from cluttering your browsing screen. This is only available on Samsung Internet version 4.0 and above for third-party apps certified by Samsung.
- What is secret mode?
- Secret mode provides you with higher privacy and security. In Secret mode, your web access History, Saved pages, and Bookmarks of users are hidden from others.
- What is Samsung Internet's biometric web sign-in?
- Web sign-in using biometrics is an advanced password manager feature for Samsung Internet that provides additional security for website sign-in. It is available for Samsung Internet version 4.0 and above. Devices with fingerprint support can use fingerprint verification to sign in to websites. If the Samsung Internet version is above 5.0 and the device supports iris verification, web sign-in using biometrics can also be activated by iris verification.
- How does biometric web sign-in work?
- As soon as you sign in to websites, you will see the Save password popup which asks if you'd like to save your ID/Password. If you check the Fingerprint or Iris option in the popup, web sign-in saves the option and will perform the biometrics verification step when you visit those websites again. Sign-in will only work if the biometrics verification is successful.
- What is CloseBy?
- CloseBy allows users to learn useful website information broadcast by beacons located nearby.
- How can I use CloseBy?
- When CloseBy is on, users receive notifications with web address information when there are beacons that support this feature around. Users can directly access web addresses by clicking them.
- What is Popup Video?
- Samsung Internet for Android's Popup Video is a feature that lets users view web videos in a resizable and movable popup window. Popup Video lets users keep watching videos while browsing the web or even after exiting the Samsung Internet browser.
- What is Video history?
- Samsung Internet provides a separate video history list that is separate from the overall browsing history list. Video history only shows web videos watched by the user. With Video history, users can easily re-watch or share videos they've watched with others.
- What is Saved pages?
- Saved pages stores the current webpage you are viewing on your device. Once saved, you can open the webpage at any time, even if you're not connected to the internet.
- What is an error report?
- The Samsung Internet Dev. team strives to anticipate and fix any possible defects, but many unpredictable cases happen in the real world. Through the error report menu, users can send an email with a screenshot and device logs to the Samsung Internet Dev. team when an error happens. Users can review and edit the content to prevent sending their privacy information before tapping SEND.
- How can I use Samsung Internet Extension on the Chrome browser on my computer?
- Extend your mobile internet experience to your computer with Samsung Internet Extension for Chrome. Open bookmarks from your phone on your computer using the Samsung Internet Extension for Chrome.
- How can I use bookmarks in Chrome browser on my computer with Samsung Internet?
- You can easily access your bookmarks, from Chrome on your computer and Samsung Internet on your mobile device, on both your computer and mobile device by installing the Samsung Internet Chrome PC extension.
- Can I back up/restore bookmarks in Samsung Internet?
- You can use Smart Switch to back up and restore your data (Bookmarks, Saved pages, Open tabs, History, Settings).
- How can I use content blockers?
- You need to install content blocker extension apps from the market (Google Play Store, Galaxy Apps) to turn on the Content blockers feature. Once you install a content blocker extension app, the Content blockers menu will appear and can be used under Samsung Internet settings.
- How can I activate/deactivate the biometric web sign-in feature?
- You can turn web sign-in using biometrics on or off. If Samsung Pass is installed on your phone or tablet, Samsung Pass will replace web sign-in using biometrics.
- How can I use Popup Video?
- When playing a video through Samsung Internet with the internal media player in full screen, users can enter the Popup Video mode by tapping the Popup Video icon in the lower left corner.
- How can I download video files in Samsung Internet?
- While playing a video using Popup Video or Video history, touch and hold the screen, select the Save video option, and the video will be downloaded.
- Can I save my credit card number to use in auto fill?
- Samsung Internet safely saves and protects your credit card number by using Knox's data security technology. It only uses your credit card information for Auto fill forms after user authentication by biometrics.
- How can I activate night mode?
- As of now, Night mode is only available in Reader mode, which can be activated with a Reader mode compatible website.
- How can I turn off auto-update?
- Go to Google Play Store and find Samsung Internet. You can deactivate auto-update by unchecking the Auto-update option in the menu.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.