Fingerprint recognition on Samsung Pay or Samsung Pass doesn’t work
The fingerprint recognition was improved through this update. Attaching a protective glass cover or thick screen protector may decrease fingerprint recognition rate, so we recommend that you use genuine protective film from Samsung. Also, if you registered new fingerprints, you also need to register them for Samsung Pay or Samsung Pass.
When you scan fingerprints on a device with an ultrasonic fingerprint sensor, be aware of the following common conditions that may affect the feature’s performance:
• Ensure that the screen protector or the touchscreen on the fingerprint recognition sensor area is not scratched or damaged by objects, such as coins, keys, pens, and necklaces.
• If the protective film/screen protector is dirty or scratched, please replace with a new one and we recommend that you register your fingerprint again for better fingerprint recognition rate after replacing the protective film.
• Ensure that both the fingerprint recognition sensor area at the bottom center of the screen and your fingers are clean and dry.
• The device may not recognize fingerprints when the screen protector/protective film is not attached properly and tightly on the device screen. Air gaps or foreign substances between the protective film and screen may decrease the fingerprint recognition rate.
• If you bend your finger or use a fingertip, the device may not recognize your
fingerprints. Press the screen so that your fingertip spreads over the wide surface of the fingerprint recognition area.
• If you remove the protective film or attach a new one, we recommend that you re-register a new fingerprint.
• The device may not recognize fingerprints from fingers that are too dry. Especially when you wake up in the morning, when you have a drier skin type than normal, or when you’re outside in winter or in low humidity conditions
In these instances, we recommend that you properly moisten your fingers by using hand cream then you can try again. Samsung is committed to improving
fingerprint recognition technology, so we always encourage users to keep software and apps updated to latest version.