Using The Recovery Utility For The YH-820MC And YH-920GS
The Recovery Utility can be used to recover your system in the event any of the following occurs.
- If file
search does not work properly in the Menu Library.
If one of the following messages appear on the device:
- Connect to PC and repair firmware with recovery utility.
- Connect to PC and rebuild database with recovery utility.
- If the message "Loading" appears and the device does not operate when you turn on the power.
Important: If you've upgraded the firmware on your device so that the device is now in MTP Mode, you will not be able to run the recovery utility unless you temporarily disable MTP mode.To temporarily restore the device back to the HDD mode, follow these steps.
Disabling MTP Mode
- Ensure that the device is disconnected from the PC and the power is off.
- Press and hold the fast forward button on the device while connecting the device to the PC.
- The device will be restored back to HDD mode for as long as it is connected to the PC.
- After running the Recovery utility, you must safely disconnect the
**Upon disconnecting the device from the PC, the device will be returned to MTP mode.
Using The Recovery Utility
- Connect the player to PC.
- Select [Start] [ Programs] [Samsung YH-820] or [Samsung YH-920] on the desktop, and then press [Recovery Utility]. (For more details on recovery, press [Help] to view the help.)
- Select the recovery method you want (read Recovery Method Details below) and follow on screen instructions.
Recovery Method Details
The recovery utility provides the following options to recover your device. If the display on the device indicates a need for recovery, you should follow the directions below.
- Rebuild Library: Select this button to rebuild the music library. This operation is dependent on the number of files on the device and may take in excess of an hour if the device is close to its storage capacity. If this operation completes successfully, safely remove the device, then disconnect the USB cable. If the problem persists, go to the next step.
- Repair Device: Select this button to check and repair the file system on the device and rebuild the music library. This operation is dependent on the number of files or bad sectors on the device and may take in excess of an hour if the device is close to its storage capacity. If this operation completes successfully, safely remove the device, then disconnect the USB cable. If the problem persists, go to the next step.
- Format Device: Select this button if the above options did not work. By selecting this option, you have elected to erase all contents on the device and regenerate the system files. All music and other data will be permanently deleted. When prompted, be sure to select FAT32 in the format dialog box. If this operation completes successfully, safely remove the device, then disconnect the USB cable.
- Upgrade Firmware: Select this button to upgrade new firmware. The latest firmware can be downloaded here.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Tweet us, 8am-5pm, 7 days a week.
Comment on our page between, 8am-5pm,
7 days a week.
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert
We will aim to respond within 24 hours for general inquiry or technical support
Check the status of your repair with Samsung
A new way to get the answers you want.
Incredible technology with even more amazing support.
The Samsung Interactive guide is the latest and greatest way to get the support you need, when you want.
Contact the dedicated CEO's Office for any suggestions on how Samsung can assist you better
Welcome to Cyber Service
24 hours a day / 7 days a week
24 hours a day / 7 days a week
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .