Galaxy A8/A8+: How do I install the memory card?
Your device accepts memory cards with maximum capacities of 256GB. Depending on the memory card manufacturer and type, some memory cards may not be compatible with your device depending on the memory card manufacturer and type.
• Some memory cards may not be fully compatible with the device. Using an incompatible card may damage the device or the memory card, or corrupt the data stored in it.
• Use caution to insert the memory card right-side up.
• The device supports the FAT and the ex FAT file systems for memory cards. When inserting a card formatted in a different file system, the device will ask to reformat the card or will not recognize the memory card. To use memory card, you must format it.
• Frequent writing and erasing of data shortens the lifespan of memory cards.
• When inserting a memory card into the device, the memory card’s file directory appears in the My Files→ SD card folder.
Ensure that the ejection pin is perpendicular to the hole. Otherwise, the device may be damaged.
If the card is not fixed firmly into the tray, the memory card may leave or fall out of the tray.
•If you insert the tray into your device while the tray is wet, your device may be damaged. Always make sure the tray is dry.
•Fully insert the tray into the tray slot to prevent liquid from entering your device.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
We'll respond your query quickly.
Contact the dedicated CEO's Office.
Log in with your Samsung Account and join the Samsung Members community! Engage on creating and joining the different peer to peer support topics and discussions.
UAE : 24 Hours Hotline number
Qatar : 24 Hours Hotline number
Kuwait : 24 Hours Hotline number
Bahrain : 24 Hours Hotline number
Oman : 24 Hours Hotline number
Samsung PAY (UAE only) : 24 Hours Hotline number
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .
Search the nearest Samsung Service Centers in your area.