Galaxy Buds charging tips and precautions
From your early morning workout to a late night of studying, you want your earbuds' battery to last as long as you do. We will give you the inside scoop on battery charging tips, steps to take so you get the most out of your battery, and how to prevent damage to your Galaxy Buds.
Note: Information provided applies to devices sold in Canada. Available screens and settings may vary for earbuds sold in other countries. Use only Samsung-approved charging devices and accessories. Samsung accessories are designed for your device to maximize battery life. Using other accessories may void your warranty and may cause damage.
While all of Samsung's earbuds are built to last the entire day, the Galaxy Buds' battery life and charging times may differ depending on the model you have and how you use them.
- Galaxy Buds Pro give you up to 28 hours of play time, with up to 8 hours per charge in the earbuds. Just 10 minutes in the charging case will give you up to 85 minutes of play time.
- Galaxy Buds Live give you up to 28 hours of play time, with 7.5 hours of play time in a single charge. Charging them in the case for 5 minutes will give you up to an hour of play time.
- Galaxy Buds+ give you up to 22 hours of play time, with 11 hours of play time in a single charge, and an additional 11 hours with the charging case. Charging in the case for 10 minutes will provide 3 hours of battery life.
- Galaxy Buds give you up to 13 hours of play time, with 6 hours of charge in the earbuds, and an additional 7 hours with the charging case. Charging in the case for just 15 minutes will give you up to 1.7 hours of battery life.
Note: Information provided is based on internal testing. Audio playback time tested by pairing a pre-production Galaxy Buds to a recently released Galaxy smartphone with default settings except Active Noise Canceling and Ambient mode off (if available for the earbuds tested). Actual battery life and charging time may vary by usage conditions, number of times charged and many other factors.
Just by making a couple adjustments, you can conserve battery power on your earbuds. That way, they will last when you really need them.
Here are some tips you can follow:
- When you are not using the earbuds, keep them in the charged charging case with the cover closed.
Note: The Galaxy Buds Pro are not compatible with the iOS Buds app. Connection is only available via Bluetooth.
Take care of your earbuds by keeping these charging tips and precautions in mind.
- Use only Samsung-approved charging devices and accessories. Samsung accessories are designed for your device to maximize battery life. Using other accessories may void your warranty and may cause damage.
- Do not use a charging case that came with any other model. The case that came with your earbuds is specifically designed to provide the optimal charge for your earbuds.
- If there is any form of liquid, including sweat, on the charging terminals, corrosion may occur. Clean the terminals before charging the battery.
- Using a power source other than the charger (such as a computer) may result in a slower charging speed due to a lower electric current.
- While charging, the earbuds and the charging case may heat up. This is normal and should not affect the earbuds’ lifespan or performance. If the battery heats up more than usual, the charger will stop charging.
- If the earbuds and the charging case are completely discharged, it may take a while for them to turn on.
- Avoid bending the charger. Doing so may damage or reduce the lifespan of the charger. Never use a damaged charger.
- If the indicator light does not work as described in the manual or the sections below, disconnect and reconnect the charger. Check the USB cable, wall adapter, and charging case for damage. It may be necessary to try a different USB cable and wall adapter. If the issue persists, visit a local Samsung Service Centre with your earbuds and charger.
After a long workout or music session, your earbuds are going to need a charge. Remember, the charging case also has its own charge. Luckily, you can charge both your earbuds and case at the same time.
First, open the earbud charging case that came with your earbuds. Place the buds into their corresponding slots in the charging case. Then, close the lid. You can charge both earbuds at the same time, or place just one in the case. Keep in mind that the battery life will differ if they are charged separately.
Next, connect the charging cable to the USB charging port on the back of the charging case. Then, plug the other end of the charging cable into a power source, such as a wall outlet or computer.
Note: Please be aware that when the battery is completely drained, it needs at least 20 to 30 minutes to turn on.
You can check the earbuds' charging status a couple different ways:
- Android devices: The Galaxy Wearable app displays the Galaxy Buds' current battery percentage at the top of the Home tab. With newer models, you can see the battery life for both the earbuds and the charging case.
- iPhone: When paired to an iPhone you can check the charging status with the Samsung Galaxy Buds app on an iPhone 7 or later with iOS 10 or higher. Note that the original Galaxy Buds and the Galaxy Buds Pro are not compatible with the iOS Samsung Galaxy Buds app.
- Indicator lights: You can also look at both the Galaxy Buds' and the case's indicator lights, so you know what is going on. See the next sections to learn more.
You can check the status of the earbuds by looking at the earbuds' battery indicator light. The case can be charged without inserting the earbuds; when they are inserted, the earbuds and case will charge simultaneously.
- Red: Charging.
- Green: Fully charged.
- Flashing Red: Charging disabled due to an error or abnormal temperature.
You can also check the charging case’s indicator status.
- Red: Charging or below 30 percent battery.
- Flashing Red: Less than 10 percent battery.
- Green: Fully charged or above 60 percent battery.
- Yellow: Between 30 and 60 percent battery.
- Blue: Firmware is updating.
Note: Depending on your earbuds, the charging case indicator light will be located on the front or rear of the case.
Thank you for your feedback!