Galaxy Fold - Use the cameras (SM-F900W)
Just because the Galaxy Fold has a flexible screen doesn't mean it sacrificed its camera along the way. It has everything you know, love, and expect from Galaxy phones and their amazing cameras. You'll be able to take selfies, capture beautiful landscapes, and much more, no matter if your phone is open or closed.
Information provided applies to devices sold in Canada. Available screens and settings may vary for smartphones sold in other countries.
Just like any other Galaxy phone, the Fold has front and rear cameras, a total of six! There are three located in the back, two on the inner screen, and one on the front screen. The most awesome part is that you can use the cameras while the phone is folded or unfolded!
- There's a camera lens right above the front screen, so you can take pictures when your phone is closed. It's perfect for fast selfies or capturing something on the spur of the moment.
- You can also take a selfie with the phone unfolded; the camera is located in the main screen's top right-corner. The big viewfinder will help you fit everyone in that group selfie shot.
- On the other hand, all three rear cameras are located on the back of the phone, and you can use them when the phone is closed.
- When the phone is unfolded, the main screen uses the same three rear cameras, but the lenses will be positioned a little differently because of the phone's shape. The main screen's camera has its own extra benefit: the bigger viewfinder is great for panoramic views or capturing large images.
The Galaxy Fold truly gives you everything, including the very best camera. It comes with all of the same specs and camera settings as the S10, for example. And that includes all of the famous camera modes, such as Live focus.
But if you aren't familiar with all these modes, here's a list of all the ones you can use on both the front and main screen's cameras:
- Photo and Video: These are two standard modes for taking pictures or videos on your phone.
- Pro: Use Pro mode to manually adjust the camera's advanced settings, such as shutter speed, exposure levels, filters, and white balance.
- Artistic Live Focus: Create a background blur to make the photo's subject really stand out.
- Food: Add radial blurs to food photos to make everything look more delicious.
- Super Slow-mo and Slow Motion: Super Slow-mo lets you take a slow motion video and add cool effects. Regular Slow Motion will capture videos in traditional slow motion.
- Hyperlapse: This mode speeds up slow events and changes the number of frames per second, giving your videos a unique effect.
Wait, what about all of the other features that come on Galaxy cameras? No worries, the Fold is equipped with everything the S10 series has, such as Ultra Wide and Zoom. It even has the fun stuff, including AR Emoji, Bixby Vision, and Scene Optimizer. Most of these features can be accessed from the Camera apps' viewfinder. Just tap the icon that is associated with the feature to get started.
Here's all of the different features you can find on the Galaxy Fold:
- AR Emoji: Create your very own emoji that looks just like you and send it to friends.
- Bixby Vision: Bixby is built into your camera to help you identify things. Bixby Vision can translate text, find similar images, or give you more information about a picture.
- Ultra Wide: In Photo mode, touch Ultra Wide (the icon with 3 trees) to have the camera zoom out and capture a wider picture.
- Wide: In Photo mode, touch Wide (the icon with 2 trees) for the standard amount of width in your pictures.
- Zoom: Touch Zoom (the icon with 1 tree) to have the camera zoom in on the subject and get a much closer look.
You cannot zoom in on Selfie mode while using the main screen.
- Scene Optimizer: This feature will adjust the photo's lighting based on the subject to make it really stand out.
- HDR10+: The enhanced HDR on your Galaxy Fold will make photos and images look more vivid and lifelike.
Thank you for your feedback!