Solve for Tomorrow
Bring your innovative ideas to life
What is Solve for Tomorrow?
Launched in 2010, the Solve for Tomorrow Contest asks youth to use STEM learning and Samsung technology to solve real world problems that can have a positive impact in their communities. In 2022, the Solve for Tomorrow Contest is open to youth ages 16-25.
2022-2023 Submissions now closed.
Who can enter?
- You must be between the ages of 16-25 at the point applications close on January 31, 2023
- You can enter as an individual or as a team of no more than three (3) members.
- You must be a Canadian resident excluding a resident of Quebec
How can I enter the contest?
Can I enter more than one category?
Entrants can only enter one submission into the Samsung Solve for Tomorrow Contest. If you have more than one idea for a submission, we recommend you spend some time thinking about which topic you feel the most passion for and which one demonstrates the most creativity, feasibility and social impact.
Where can I find full terms and conditions?
Will my idea be made public?
How are entries judged and by who?
You can review an official project plan rubric here.
During the first round of initial entries, an expert panel that will include judges from Samsung, as well as other independent industry experts will review all entries and shortlist 5 ideas.
In the second round, entries will be reviewed by a panel that will include judges from Samsung, as well as other independent industry experts, and three final winners will be chosen.
What are you looking for in initial entries?
What you enter is up to you – an app, a product or a service, what we are looking for is:
- Your idea demonstrates originality and feasibility
- Your idea applies STEM-based learning and Samsung Technology to solve a real-world challenge or community issue
- Your idea demonstrates tangible impact to the community along with specific examples of what can change or be solved
- The overall quality of your submission, including responses to all criteria, writing style and grammar
Will Samsung own my idea?
How do I know the status of my application?
When will the winner be announced?
- Phase One: Entries into the Samsung Solve for Tomorrow Contest are open from Monday, November 21, at 12:01 a.m. EST through Tuesday, January 31 at 11:59 p.m. EST. The five (5) shortlisted entries (applicants) will hear if they have advanced to Phase Two on or about February 15, 2023.
- Phase Two: The five finalists will submit their final project entries by Friday, March 31 at 11:59 p.m. EST to determine 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners – with the announcement published on or about April 1, 2023 to April 30, 2023.
What will I win as a shortlist finalist, 3rd, 2nd, or 1st place winner?
Five shortlist finalist winners will each receive a technology prize pack valued at $5,000 (based on MSRP of the products) per team.
First Place - $20,000 cash prize plus $8,333 in Samsung Technology (based on MSRP value)
Second Place - $2,500 cash prize plus $8,333 in Samsung Technology (based on MSRP value)
Third Place - $2,500 cash prize plus $8,333 in Samsung Technology (based on MSRP value)
How can I make sure I do not miss any information about the contest from Solve for Tomorrow?
My question is not answered here